What is an acrostic poem?
An acrostic poem is a type of poetry where the first, last or other letters in a line spell out a particular word or phrase. The most common and simple form of an acrostic poem is where the first letters of each line spell out the word or phrase.
How they work
- Decide what to write about.
- Write your word down vertically.
- Brainstorm words or phrases that describe your idea.
- Place your brainstormed words or phrases on the lines that begin with the same letters.
- Fill in the rest of the lines to create a poem.
Here are our poems that we wrote by ourselves.
F riends forever
U and me
a N anything
Sun shines brightly
Up in the sky
Nice and warm on my face