St. Michael Preschool News
Growing with God...
Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year!
Through a number of short videos and text, this newsletter serves to provide you with important information and updates including a Welcome from our new Pastor, Fr. Michael, Arrival, Health Screening, and Dismissal procedures, Preschool Programming including new NCDHHS guidelines, and how to use the new Realm parish community tool. Please look for a separate email from your child's teachers with their orientation video and classroom tour.
Thank you for entrusting your child to our loving care and for your support and prayers. Please reach out to the preschool office with any questions. We can't wait to see you soon!
Lisa Ciesla, Director
Welcome from Fr. Michael Burbeck, Pastor, St. Michael Church
Prayer for a New School Year
We thank you for this new school year and we ask that you bless the children, parents, and teachers that make our school a joyful place to play, learn, and grow.
We pray that you will keep us healthy and safe and guide us in your ways as we grow in our love of your son, Jesus Christ.
Strengthen our school community so that we will seek your will in everything we say and do, and love others as you love us.
We ask this in your name.
Welcome Back from Miss Lisa, Preschool Director
Preschool Standards, Curriculum, Instruction, & Parent Communication
Important Policy & Procedure Changes due to COVID-19 Health Department Guidelines
Arrival & Health Screening Demonstration
2020-2021 Parent Handbook
Upcoming: Meet the Teacher August 26-28
Please refer to the Meet the Teacher SignUp Genius email for your scheduled day and time. Your child's teachers are looking forward to meeting you!
Student Records and Student Packets:
During your “Meet the Teacher” session your teacher will provide you with a Student Packet. Please take this Student Packet home to compete and return to school. In addition to the Student Packet keep in mind the following student documents must be on file in the preschool office before your child may begin school. These documents can be emailed (scan or photograph) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Packet – Emergency Card, Pick Up Authorization Card, Signature page for Acknowledgment of Reopening Plan and Parent Handbook
Music & Movement with Miss Karen
Early Arrival & Lunch Programs:
Please contact email@example.com to register for the Early Arrival and/or Lunch Program. Please note Extended Day Program registration is not guaranteed and Daily Rate/Drop-in services are not available at this time. See our Extended Day Webpage for information regarding these programs.
Allergy Sensitive Snacks
- Children will bring their own snack to school. We ask that it be just one or two items that can be easily enjoyed by your child.
- Snacks may NOT contain peanuts/nuts or peanut/nut products. This includes foods that have been produced/processed in a plant with nut products.
- Avoid potential choking hazards - all grapes, cherries, and mini tomatoes need to be cut in half. Popcorn and hard candy are not permitted.
- The combination of complex carbohydrates (fruits, veggies, and whole grains) with protein and heart-healthy fats, help children to maintain their energy levels for longer periods of time, thereby increasing your child's "learning ready" time.
- Snacks should include, when possible, natural foods that are high in protein and fiber, while low in sugars.
- Please send your child with a labeled water bottle from home or teachers will provide a disposable paper cup since water fountains will not be used.
- To avoid unnecessary sugars, only water (no juice) should be sent to school.