New Member VanWeekly
December 11, 2019
Click Images for Quick Links
Module 2 due on December 20th
Module 2 has been released in Teams and is due on December 20th. This module will focus on a deeper dive into the Technology Integration Matrix. You will need to schedule a time to observe your mentee and complete a baseline TIM-O by December 20th. If you have not scheduled time with your mentee, it is recommended that you reach out to your mentee to get a date for your observation on the calendar as soon as possible.
Each module builds on the learning from the one before and requires application of the mentoring cycle with your mentee. Therefore, keeping on pace is essential for success. If you feel you are falling behind, please reach out to your New Member Committee Member or Heather Van Looy for support. We are here to help!
The Tech Fair Needs YOU!!
Earn up to 25 Activity XP for Volunteering at the Tech Fair on December 14th!
The tech fair is fast approaching. Volunteers are needed in order to make the day a success. Please consider giving some of your time for this worthy event.
- Judges Needed 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Earn 25 Activity XP!
- Half-day Volunteer Positions - Earn 15 Activity XP!
- 7:30-11:30 a.m.
- 11:30-3:30 p.m.
Click here to sign up: https://tinyurl.com/FCS2019Tech
Register Today for Mid-Year Kickoff 1.4.20
Hello my fellow Vanguardian Mountaineers! We are thrilled to announce the agenda, content, and deep-dive sessions you will select as your trek for the day! Space is limited, so please register TODAY! https://www.smore.com/8hrqc-mid-year-kick-off
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
January 4, 2019
The GaTech Hotel & Conference Center
800 Spring St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- The event will be at the Ga Tech Hotel & Conference Center! (FOOD!)
- You will earn a $100 stipend for attending!
- Prizes, prizes, & more prizes!
- Did we mention we will raffle a NEW Vanguard Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop?
- Big name presenters and empowering deep dive sessions to get you ready for amazing things the next day!
- SPACE IS LIMITED!
Session Presenters & Topics
Vanguard Wishes A Very Happy Birthday to
Emily Currier 12/2
Natasha Smith 12/6
Barbara Simon 12/8
Elizabeth Speaks 12/19
Heidi Glenn 12/21
Monica O'Connell 12/21
Latoya Holt 12/22
Paul Chesher 12/25
Leondria Gray 12/29
Laschunn Gonsalves 12/30
We want to celebrate our Vanguardian family. If you would like for us to recognize your birthday, please click this link.
Nominate someone or submit your own Spotlight Vanguard Member!
Vanleads, do you see any vanguard members at your school doing something awesome? Were they struggling with a tool before and are now using it? BRAG on our Vanguard members. If you see something awesome, please submit about your team member.
Please share your success stories with us! You may see your "Spotlight" in an upcoming Vanweekly!
Flipgrid Holiday Challenge
We have put together a "5 Days of Flipgrid Christmas" challenge. Each day this week a different activity will be posted for you to complete. Complete activities to be entered into a drawing for prizes. Click here for all the info.
ISTE Certification Course
Want to take your teaching game to the next level with technology integration?
Consider becoming an ISTE Certified Educator! Through the ISTE Certification process, teachers will participate in professional learning based on the ISTE Standards and transformative pedagogy. After completing the training, you will have six months to apply your learning and compile artifacts and reflections into a competency-based portfolio to earn ISTE Certification. This course is an excellent opportunity to learn from a community of like-minded educators and up your own game!
The best news yet... this training opportunity is available to you at no cost because Fulton County is investing in you and footing the bill! Check out the attached flyer and register in Frontline today!
If you have questions about the course, please feel free to ask Heather Van Looy or Mindy Ramon. They both participated in the first Fulton cohort of the course last summer, and will submitting their portfolios in February.
School Lead Info
Don't forget to check out the School Leads Team and Monthly Call Channel in Teams for all of the below information and to refer to all meetings from this school year!
Here is this month's slide deck: 19-December School Lead.pptx
Key take away items for redelivery:
- School Leads Only: Remember, it is expected that you are redelivering content monthly to your teams to keep them in the loop! Our team cannot function without you! This helps us keep the lines of communication open. Reach out with questions / concerns.
- Upcoming Events! Jan. 4th Event! Grab your teammates and sign up TODAY! (link open tomorrow!)
- Encourage your team to nominate someone to spotlight (link in the VanWeekly) & here: Spotlight
- Please read over the XP Updates! We need you to help your teammates. Take a second to check their XP before the break. Also, if you are having trouble getting XP, reach out to us! We are here to help! :)
- Coaching Cycle Checklists! If you need a quick walk through - watch the video! This is a "take or toss" resource.
- Teams Tip of the Month - Using the Calendar!
- Tell us what you want featured on next month's tech tip!
The video can be found on our stream channel (soon!) or by clicking here: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/2f62115d-259d-42d3-a867-6c5bdc552715
We made it to December! Almost time for the holiday break!
Vanguard Leadership Team
South Learning Community & Achievement Zone
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Central Learning Community
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Fulton County Vanguard Team
Vision: Through building colaborative relationships and supporting student focused learning, the Vanguard Team will positively impact student achievement.
Pillars: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, & Support (TIMS)