MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF February 21-March 4
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Mask- Following new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), effective immediately, masks are recommended. Still, they are not required to be worn by students and employees while on buses or vans operated by Cumberland County Schools (CCS). Shirley Bolden, the director of CCS Health Services, shared this information as part of a COVID-19 update during today's Student Support Services Committee. Parents who opt for students to wear masks should provide a mask for their children. Please get in touch with your child's teacher if you would like your student to continue to wear a mask.
- Cumberland Family Academy- Over the next several weeks, Cumberland Family Academy (CFA), the district's family engagement outreach arm, brings schools and families together by sharing dynamic and relevant information that will support students' academic success. Beginning in March, CFA will stream popular family engagement sessions on Cumberland County Schools' (CCS) Facebook page at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to tune in and learn more about helping children with math, preparing for college, offering social-emotional support, and much more. Tune in on March 3 to watch the session titled "I Need Help Helping My Child in Math!" For more information, visit www.ccs.k12.nc.us/familyacademy.
- Read Across America- This week at Montclair Elementary School will celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Seuss by participating in Read Across America week. Monday students were allowed to wear green, Tuesday was Hat Day. Wednesday is Moustache Day. Thursday is Pajama Day, and Friday is Crazy Sock Day.
- Spring Picture Day- On Monday 07, 2022, Montclair Elementary School will host our Spring Pictures for this school year. If you would like to order before Picture Day, please go to mylifetouch.com with your Student's School ID or Picture Day ID that teachers will send out this week.
- K-2 In-Person Resource Night/ Virtual EOG Night- Our Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade Team will host an in-person interactive meeting on March 23. Due to Covid Restrictions, this meeting will be for PARENTS only; students will not be able to attend to accommodate the size of the classrooms. Students whose last name starts with A-K will meet from 4:30-5:00. Students with the last name that starts with L-Z will meet from 5:15-5:45. The Committed Community Committee will host our Virtual Parent EOG Night for 3rd-5th grade parents. EOG night will be held on Thursday, March 24, from 5:30-6:30; Our Committed Community Committee will share links for the night at a later date.
Pre-K Registration Open for 2022-2023 School Year
Pre-Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open. Children must reside in Cumberland County and be four years old on or before August 31, 2022, to be considered for placement in the program. Families will have an opportunity to register for the Cumberland County Schools (CCS) Pre-K sites as well as Head Start and private daycare sites via the registration portal. Registration information is available at the CCS Pre-K website at prek.ccs.k12.nc.us.
A Message from Administration
Greeting Montclair Families,
We have noticed an increase in aggressive behavior with some of our students. Students are hitting each other more whether the intentions are playful or not. Please speak with your child about not putting their hands on each other. We know that students sometimes can express themselves through physical means; however, we see that students are not receptive to such play. Also, work with your child about how to deal with conflict. All staff members are here to assist with Conflict Resolution, but we urge our students not to take matters into their own hands.
Lastly, as a reminder, cell phones are not allowed to be out and used during the school day. Students will need to have their cell phones in their bags. Cellphones have become more of a distraction. We understand that situations can occur, but in an emergency, the staff at Montclair will oversee procedures and communication. If students continue to use the cellphones without permission, the phones will be confiscated for parents to pick up.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to a member of the Administration Team. Please allow 24-48 hours for one of us to get back to you, except for an emergency. If you cannot get a hold of Mr. Gillespie via school phone, please send me a Classdojo message.
Thank you for your continued partnership and trust in our staff in providing your students with the best quality education.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Principal Resident-Kacheckia Dewitt/Principal Intern-Geraldine Meadows
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
- The enhancement of positive character traits
- Achievement of academic excellence
- Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.
Location: 555 Glensford Drive, Fayetteville, NC, USA
Phone: (910) 868-5124