4th - 7th Grades
A Sample Schedule - March 24, 2020
SABE's goal is to communicate information as it relates to the school and provide you with resources to help your child(ren) in having some academic work to do while we are waiting on the further direction of our state officials. Remember, we are a state-authorized charter which means that we are our own district. We are not a charter aligned to any local school district around us. The messages from me, as the school director/superintendent will come through ClassDojo and be posted on our Website. We will not use Facebook as a means of communicating official information.
When I am given direction from our New Mexico Public Education Department, I notify our staff and you with updates. Please be aware that rumors spread quickly through social media and I ask that you please ask questions of me if you have them, and wait for the information through ClassDojo and on our webpage. www.nmsabe.org
- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
Below is a proposed schedule with links to online or printable activities. These are just suggestions to keep your child focused and to help you engage them in academic practice.
Remember that this is not required work, nor will it be graded. This is just for practice.
We are aware there is a lot information on how to help your child at home and encourage you to remember that just do your best in helping them keep engaged, but most importantly, happy, safe and healthy!
9:00-10:00AM - Practica de lectura en español
The best free cultural and educational media on the web (lots of advertisement links, be aware).
10:00-11:00AM - Movement, Art & Brain Breaks
This is a new program that we are incorporating at SABE. Our 1st - 4th grade teachers are becoming trained trainers :-)
Author Mo Willems, who is best known for his books “The Pigeon Has to Go to School!” “I Will Take a Nap!” and “Knufflebunny,” has announced that he will be live streaming “Lunch Doodles” videos every weekday; recordings are here!
11:00-12:00 - Math Practice
Kindergarten - 6th grade ebook database for math! : Username: tumble2020 -- Password: A3b5c6
12:00-1:00PM - LUNCH BREAK & Music Options
The kids love when I play music on Mondays and Fridays! Have your own daily dance party!!!
1:00-2:00PM English Reading Practice
Kindergarten - 6th Grade children's ebook database : Username: tumble735 -- Password: books
This site is an audiobook database for kids to adults, however the direct link provides direct access to the children's section. : Username: tumble2020 -- Password: A3b5c6
2:00-3:00PM Science & Social Studies Practice & Links
Exploring Nature Science Education Resource: Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science Resources
STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math ------- STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math
OTHER FAMILY RESOURCES
COVID-19 Resources & Information: New Mexico
NM Updates on Corona Virus
NM Updates on NM Education
Washing Hands Video
Need childcare? Visit this site for more information on sites in the Albuquerque area.
New Mexico Aging and Long-term Services Department:
- If you are in need of a meal, but are not able to get to a senior center or the center is closed, call you local senior center or 1-800-432-2080 with any questions.
- If you are unable to leave your home and need prescription medication, call 505-768-2084, if you are in Albuquerque; 1-866-699-4927 if you are outside of Albuquerque; 928-871-6868 if you are on the Navajo Nation; 505-629-8544 if you are in another tribal area or Pueblo.
- If you need to access benefits including Medicaid, Medicare or Disability Waiver Services, call the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 1-800-432-2080.
- If you are an older adult who is caring for children and in need of resources, call the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 1-800-432-2080.
- If you are worried about a loved one in a facility or worried about communicating with him or her, call the Long Term Care Ombudsman at 1-866-451-2901.
- If someone you know is experiencing an emotional, mental health or substance abuse crisis, call the New Mexico Crisis and Access Line at 1-855-662-7474.
NM Aging and Long Term Services website: http://www.nmaging.state.nm.us/
Sandoval Academy of Bilingual Education
OUR MISSION AT SABE IS TO ENABLE STUDENTS TO MAINTAIN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE, RECONNECT WITH THEIR HERITAGE LANGUAGE, OR DISCOVER A NEW ENRICHING LANGUAGE. STUDENTS WILL ATTAIN SPANISH AND ENGLISH FLUENCY AND LITERACY THROUGH TWO-WAY IMMERSION, WHICH WILL EXPAND THEIR WORLDVIEW AND EDUCATIONAL AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.