SCHOOL/DISTRICT CLOSURE INFO vol. 8
FOR WLCSD FAMILIES
WHAT IS NEW?
A Message from WLCSD
WLCSD Student Pantry
The Student Pantry continues to provide food to approximately 85 families in the Walled Lake Consolidated School District each week. The Pantry is in need of the following perishable items: milk, eggs and bread. We are also in need of canned vegetables. If you would like to donate any of these items, please see the SignUp Genius link below. The Pantry continues to work the Hospitality House and local groceries to help with the food supply. The generosity of donations from volunteers is greatly appreciated too!
iReady Resource Updates
· NEW! i-Ready.com/Families is a new family support site that houses all of our i-Ready “Guidance for Families.” A link can also be found under i-Ready Personalized Instruction on the /AtHome home page.
· NEW! YouTube Tech Tutorial Videos for Families are available to assist families with common “how to” questions.here.
Food Pantries Remain Open
Outside Food Pantry Available
Please take what you need. If you would like to help fill the pantry, you can do that as well. We are all committed to taking good care of each other.
VITAL RESOURCES FOR HUMAN WELL-BEING
- Building Connectedness and Belonging for Students While School Buildings are Closed:
use tomorrow” strategies, as well as virtual systems that can help you to maintain and foster meaningful relationships virtually (Panorama Ed)
- CASEL: SEL resources during COVID Pandemic
- Comprehensive COVID Resources for Schools: Curated by educators all over Oakland County for the Teaching and Learning Council.
- EDUCATOR’S GUIDE TO SUPPORTING THE SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL NEEDS OF STUDENTS: Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services April 2020
- Guidance on Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Remote Education guidance /answers to questions/concerns related to high-leverage teaching and learning practices for equity-based remote education. (New York University Metro Center)
- Helping Students Cope: Gathered resources to help staff and parents support their children during the pandemic. National Association of School Psychologists
- Mental and Behavioral Health Resources in Oakland County: Local resources gathered by a variety of Oakland Schools consultants.
- Michigan Model for Health : Digital curriculum, include modules around SEL
- Moving Beyond the Packet: Creating More Culturally Responsive Distance Learning Experiences: Click on link to access webinar
School SEL Resources: Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence is committed to helping all leaders, educators, students, and families in their effort to build and sustain positive emotional climates.
Tools to Address Trauma Here you will find a number of recommendations for trauma screening and assessment tools and trauma-specific interventions (from Michigan Department of Health and Human Services).
RESOURCES - UPDATED EACH WEEK
WLCSD FOOD DISTRIBUTION EVERY MONDAY
WLCSD Food Distribution
Distribution Date(s) & Time: Mondays 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. or when all the food is distributed.
- Walled Lake Western High School, 600 Beck Road, Walled Lake
- Walled Lake Central High School, 1600 Oakley Park Road, Walled Lake
Children will receive 7 days of breakfast and 7 days of lunch for all children 18 and under, and adults with disabilities 26 and under.
The meals distributed are provided by the Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), are available to all children at no cost.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM & TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
Remember that only student Google accounts (not parent accounts) can join a class.
i-READY FAMILY CENTRAL DURING THIS CLOSURE
Please be sure you visit i-Ready Family Center to learn how you can support your student during the school closure. Family Guides are available in different languages.