T1 W7 - October 17th, 2016
Things to Remember:
- Hearing Screening letters are going home this week. Please fill out the reply slip and return with payment by Wednesday 1 November if you would like your child to attend the Hearing Screening. Any questions, contact Irene teRaa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember to sign up for the Parent Teacher Conference if you haven’t already.
- Please remember to send in photos and videos of your home for our new unit of inquiry.
- Please start collecting boxes, toilet rolls etc. for junk modelling.
PIM Reading and Phonics in Year 1
Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 8:30am
3 Hong Lok Yuen 20th Street
Where We Are in Place and Time
Different factors impact the way people live.
Form, Connection, Causation
Environment, place, home, travel
What lines of inquiry will define the scope of the inquiry into the central idea?
- Where people live (location, climate)
- Different journeys people make
- The materials people use in their lives
- Reasons why people live the way they do
What teacher questions/provocations will drive these inquiries?
- Where can people live?
- What can people live in?
- Where do people journey?
- How are different materials used?
- Why do people live the way they do?
Looking at photos and videos sent in and discussing how homes are the same and different.
- Discussion on where people live ( location and climate).