PS 188Q's Weekly Newsletter
Week of November 14th to November 18th
We continue to participate in the Gratitude Challenge where students name a specific thing they are grateful for and why. Expressing gratitude helps us stop and think about something other than ourselves or our situations.
📢On Monday, November 7th, we had our Student Council Executive Board elections. Each candidate gave amazing speeches! I am very proud of each of them. Our results are in and here are the results:
Student Council President: Nisansi 5-302
Student Council Vice President: Oliver 4-316
Student Council Secretary: Melanie 5-302
All students that ran for office will be a part of our student council and I look forward to working with each of them to bring their ideas to life here at P.S. 188Q
🥛Please send in water with your students. We do not have water bottles to provide to students.
🚗Stop-Drop-and-Go at the Main:
We need volunteers to help out at stop-drop-and-go. Please reach out the PTA if you would like to volunteer.
🗨PTA School Store is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday mornings from 7:40-7:55 a.m.
📆PTA Meeting is November 22nd at 7:00 p.m.
😁The P.S 188 Snack Shack is now selling water. Everything from the Snack Shack is $1. All proceeds will be used for supplies and events for the students.
📖Thank you to all the volunteers that helped out at the Election Day bake sale as well that those that donated goodies.
💻Virtual STEM Night for grades 3-5 on December 1st! Sign up below!
Have a question? Contact us:
📢PTA Empower Campaign
Please see the attached slides from the PTA supporting the Empower our Children Donation Drive. Thank you for Empowering our children!!
Fill out the Google Form below to sign up for our first ever Virtual STEM Night. This is for students in grades 3-5. It should be a great event!
Dear PS 188 Q Families, We are excited to share that on December 1st, we will be having P.S. 188's FIRST ever virtual STEM night for students in 3rd through 5th grade from 5:15 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. via zoom. If you are interested in joining us, please submit this form by Friday, November 11th.
P.S 188Q Student Council Executive Board Candidates
- November 15th: Parent DEI Meeting @ 9:30 a.m. virtually
- November 18th: Student DEI group meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Library
- November 21st: Photo Retake Day; 1-118 Gratitude Walk
- November 22nd: PTA Meeting Virtual 7:00 p.m.
- November 24th-25th: Thanksgiving Break
- November 29th and 30th: Scholastic Book Fair in both Annex and Main
- December 1st: Grades 3-5 STEM Night from 5:45-7:00 p.m.; Middle School Application closes
- December 2nd: Marking Period 1 ends
- 12/5-12/09: Computer Science for All week
- December 5th: PreK and Kindergarten Book of the Month assembly---wear your P.S. 188Q trip shirt
- December 6th: Parent DEI Committee Meeting @ 9:30 a.m.
- December 7th: Grades 1-5 Book of the Month assembly---wear P.S. 188Q trip shirt; SLT Meeting TBD
- December 8th: CDEC Meeting 7:00 p.m. TBD
- December 9th: Teachers and Writers Collaborative begins for 3-216, 3-218, 4-313, 4-316
- December 12th: 5th grade trip to view Strange World at College Point Multiplex
- December 13th: 1-101 trip to Bayside Historical Society
- December 15th: 1-119 trip to Bayside Historical Society; Report Cards Available on NYCSA
- December 16th: Student DEI group meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Library
- December 20th: 1-102 trip to Bayside Historical Society
- December 21st: 1-118 trip to Bayside Historical Society; PTA Meeting on Zoom at 7:00 p.m. virtually
- December 22nd: Alley Pond in-class visit to PreK B8 and B9
- December 24th to January 2nd: Winter Recess