DMS Gifted News
A Charlie Brown Christmas - Christmastime Is Here (Instrumental) by HCD Christmas
Time to Celebrate!
Contests/Competitions for Students
- Stick Together Gratitude Challenge Download.
- 100 Word Challenge.
- Future Engineers challenges.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Competition.
- Online courses through the Belin-Blank Center.
- Biomimicry Youth Design Challenge. Registration is open now.
- World of 7 student video contest. Deadline for entry is February 22, 2022.
- List of student contests from various academic domains.
Opportunity for 7th grade students
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's Young Scholars Program application will open February 7, 2022. The Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship program for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. Along with financial support for school, summer programs, and other enrichment opportunities, it provides personalized academic advising and connection to the thriving community of Cooke Scholars.
Eligible applicants should:
- Be currently in 7th grade/entering 8th grade in the fall of 2022.
- Have earned all As and Bs since the beginning of 6th grade.
- Reside in the United States and plan to attend high school in the U.S.
- Demonstrate financial need with a maximum adjusted gross income of $95,000.
If you know of a student who should apply, contact one of the gifted specialists.
Parent & Guardian Announcements
NEW - LEGO Brickfair, January 15-16, 2022. Birmingham, Alabama.
NEW - Communication & Social-Emotional Engagement Webinar, from Let's Talk 2e! Webinars.
Students in grades 7-10 can register for classes in The Writing Room. The courses are Creative Writing: Generative Approaches and World-building.
BYJU's Future School Free Coding Class - For kids ages 6-18
Podcasts for Parents
- The Neurodiversity Podcast with Emily Kircher-Morris
- TiLT Parenting started by Debbie Reber
- Uniquely Human: The Podcast with Barry Prizant and Dave
- With Understanding Comes Calm: Let's Talk 2e with Julie Skolnick
- Seth Perler: Executive Function Coach - Seth Perler
Join our Remind (code: @dmstag) to ensure you receive DMS Gifted updates and to be able to continue to communicate.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns! Our DMS Gifted website has a TON of amazing tools and resources. Please visit it at: https://ggle.io/3hx9. Again, we are excited to have your student in class and will do #WhateverItTakes to support your gifted student!
Amanda Bohler & Lindsay Sims