News From Room 11
May 31, 2013
Gold Medal Ceremony
What we will be learning:
* Language Arts - Unit 6-Week 2- Learning to do new things can be an adventure.
- Vocabulary: errand, suddenly, humble, dare, permit, predicament, solution
- Words to Know (read, spell, write): early, nothing, along, thought, errand, instead, suddenly
- Phonics: sound of aw and au as in pawn and pause
- Spelling Words: haul, cause, saw, claw, fault, awful, dawn, paw, along, nothing, book, took
- Skill: Make Inferences
* Math- Unit 5 review and test
* Writing- Book Reviews
- Speeches: Next week the boys will give a speech on their favorite animal or pet.
-I need parent volunteers to chaperone our walking field trip to Kupiec Orthodontist and Dentist office. Please sign up on the WIKI or email me if interested.
-I also need 3 more volunteers to help at our first grade field day on June 11th at 1:00.
-Thank you to all my WONDERFUL volunteers! Due to all the events next week, this was your last week! I really appreciate all your dedication to the kids this year. Please join us at the volunteer tea on June 7th at 8:30 AM. Make sure to stop by our room after for a little gift.
-If you have any time this week please stop into room 12 to work on the Memory Books. I left everything in there so you can come and go as you like. There is a LOT of work to be done!
-Remember to sign up on the WIKI if your child would like to celebrate a summer birthday.
May 31st and June 7th: Memory Book Workshop in Room 12
June 4th: Award Assembly at 1:30
June 4th: Books and Beyond Pizza Lunch with Mrs. Norby (You were contacted if your child earned this)
June 7th: Volunteer Tea at 8:30
June 7th: Walking Field Trip at 11:00
June 10th Camp Kindness begins (More information to follow)
June 11th Field Day at 1:00
June 13th: Last Day of SCHOOL!