VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
May 6, 2016
- Friday, May 6 - Girls Night Out 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ VAHS - $3.00 admission and concession available. (more information below)
- Saturday, May 7 - Little Big Town 5K (more information below)
- Saturday, May 7 - 7th & 8th Grade Tennis Tournament in Princeton @ 8AM- Go Panthers!
- May 9 - 12 - STAAR Testing (see calendar below)
- Thursday, May 12 - Student Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:00-6:30 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:00-8:30
- Friday, May 13 - Kids vs Coaches Basketball Game (more information below)
- Friday, May 13 - Boys Night Out 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm @ VAHS - $3.00 admission and concession available. (more information below)
- Friday, May 13 - Star Card treat after school
- Saturday, May 14 - 7th & 8th Grade Tennis Tournament in Princeton @ 8AM - Go Panthers!
- Monday, May 16 - No School
- Tuesday, May 17 - Choir Spring Concert @ 7:00 pm @ VAHS
- Thursday, May 19 - 5th Grade Poetry Slam in the VAMS Library 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Friday, May 20 - Star Card Recess/Gym time during advisory
- Friday, May 20 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Frontier Village
- Friday, May 20 - 8th Grade Dance @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm in the VAMS cafeteria - Sunday dress encouraged, no fee to enter, all food/drinks are free, there will be a DJ and a photographer
- Saturday, May 21 - VAMS Theatre Arts Spring Musical @ 7:30 pm in the VAMS cafeteria (more information below)
*NO School May 23 or 30
Our Outstanding Students program recognizes students who go above and beyond to make our school a great place. Teachers choose one student from each grade level who deserves recognition. The students who are chosen receive a Sonic drink of their choice, get their name on the marquee, and are recognized in the VAMS newsletter. We would like to congratulate the following students for making our school a great place to be:
Tanner & Tucker Abbott - 5th Grade
Brayden Schroeder - 6th Grade
Alex Hill - 7th Grade
Autumn Kasprzak - 8th Grade
Way to go! You make us proud!
Little Big Town 5K
Click on this button to access the Little Big Town 5K registration form.
Kids vs Coaches Basketball Game
We will be hosting a Kids vs Coaches basketball game on our campus on Friday, May 13th at 1:00 pm. This was the auction item we donated to the VAEF Gala. This should be a fun way to end STAAR week. We are going to charge $1 (or more if the student would like to donate more) per student to attend the game. The money will be donated to help support the Reagan and Grant Small Endowment Scholarship. We are looking forward to a fun game!
Keep Van Alstyne Beautiful
End of Year Awards Programs Information
*Please note that the date and time for the 5th grade awards ceremony changed. Please see the dates and times below.
Youth Digital Summer Camp
Van Alstyne ISD in partnership with Region 10 Education Service Center and Youth Digital is offering 2 Digital Youth Camps this summer for students age 10 -16.
Youth Digital empowers kids and teens to be digital creators, designers, animators, programmers and developers. The course work provides campers a comprehensive learning experience that is amazingly fun, highly interactive and extremely effective.
Campers watch videos, respond to questions, earn badges, and complete challenging assignments and quizzes as they step toward mastering critical technology skills and professional-level software. Computers are provided at the camp site. No prior programming or design experience is necessary. Youth Digital summer camp courses are designed to make learning new digital skills fun and effective. Campers will be guided through every step, from downloading the software to submitting your final project.
Click on the button below for more information.
A Message from the yearbook class...
Dress Code Reminders
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no more than 2 ½” above the knee.
- Anything form-fitting, such as: spandex shorts, bicycle shorts, tights, leggings, yoga pants, and leotards may only be worn under shorts or skirts that meet the school dress code.
- All outer garments must have sleeves (cap sleeves are permitted). “Spaghetti straps” or “tank tops” are not allowed. No see-through garments are allowed unless the undergarment beneath meets the school dress code. Shoulders must be covered.
- Garments that are torn, cut inappropriately, or have holes are not permitted.
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!