Mrs. Trout's Class
Friday, April 8th, 10am
517 Julian Newman Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
April 8- Spring picture money due
April 8- Kite Day @10 amApril 11- 3:00 PTF meeting
April 15- No school for students
May 13- Field Day (details TBA)
As soon as a Kite Day date is picked, I will send home a note.
Please be working on letters, sight words, numbers from 0-20, addition and subtraction, and writing sentences with your students. The end of the year is coming up soon!
- dipthongs sh and th
- Sight word: too, has
- Comprehension: ask and answer questions about our story
- Genre: fiction
- Read about growing up, helping at home, household furniture
- Please review all letters, sounds, and sight words with your student. They will be responsible for all letters and sight words at the end of this nine weeks.
- Counting collections
- How can you create 15 by adding 2-3 numbers together?
- How can you use objects to show 16 and 17 as tens and ones? (Go Math 7.7)
- How can you count and write 16 and 17 with words and numbers? (Go Math! 7.8)
- Explore opinion writing
- Learn what an opinion is and how an author expresses her opinion
- Generate opinions about animals that would not make good pets and provide evidence to support reasoning
- Generate opinions about animals that would make good pets and provide evidence to support reasoning
- Free write
- Read books about wind
- Discuss wind scale
- Record the weather every day on Nearpod
- Learn how to read a thermometer
- Make a model thermometer and discuss cold and hot temperatures and appropriate clothing
- Compare inside and outside temperatures
- Measure water temperature