Mrs. Winebarger's 2nd-3rd Class
11-01 to 11-06
Have a great week everyone!
Only 4 weeks until Thanksgiving!
Think about what you are grateful and thankful for this week. I am thankful for all the classroom support, patience, and understanding this year from parents. I am thankful for a wonderful class who is excited to learn everyday on zoom classes!
I am so proud of all your hard work and bucket filling this past week! I know that with positive attitudes we can achieve so much in Second and Third Grade! Keep up the great work!
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison
Try your best this week and never give up!
1. Monday, Nov. 2 - I will not be in the classroom. There will be no zoom classes on Monday. Lessons and activities will be posted in Google Classroom instead. Please also use time today to ensure that all assignments in Google Classroom has been completed and turned in. I will be taking attendance, so please work hard today and submit your assignments.
2. Tuesday, Nov. 3 - Is a Remote Learning Day at home. There will be no zoom classes on Tuesday. Please look for a school wide Smore page on activities for Veteran's Day posted in Google Classroom for 2nd and 3rd grade. Please also use time today to ensure that all assignments in Google Classroom has been completed and turned in. I will be taking attendance, so please send pictures of activities completed for Veteran's Day. Zoom classes and regular schedule for resume on Wednesday, Nov. 4
3. Please see below for 2nd and 3rd grade schedules and learning targets.
4. Please be sure your child is completing all learning responsibilities daily.
This includes each zoom class, google classroom assignments, google forms, google docs, razkids, dreambox, MobyMax math fact fluency, etc.
2nd Grade Learning Targets
I can add and subtract within 100 using different strategies of problem solving. (New Skill)
Result Unknown and Start Unknown problem solving - Base Tens - decomposing
I can ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text. (Review Skill)
I can compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story by different authors or from different cultures. (New Skill)
I can recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral. (New Skill)
The 3 sounds of -ed, /ed/ /d/ /t/
I can print all upper and lowercase letters legibly and proportionally.
I can recognize and use singular/plural nouns in sentences (Review skill)
I can recognize and use possessive/pronouns in sentences (New Skill)
I can write opinion papers introducing the topic, stating my opinion, give reasons that support my opinion, and providing a concluding statement. (Opinion Writing)
I can Interpret maps of the school and community that contain symbols, legends and cardinal directions. (Review Skill)
I can interpret the meaning of symbols and the location of physical and human features on a map (cities, railroads, highways, countries, continents, oceans, etc.). (New Skill)
I can know my emotions and manage stress.
3rd Grade Learning Targets
I can use different strategies to solve one/two step addition and subtraction problems.
adding/subtracting using a number line and decomposing strategies.
Focusing on subtraction strategies for problem solving
Word problems study
Coming up for new math learning targets:
I can represent and interpret scaled picture and bar graphs.
- collecting data, making a representation of data
- focusing on solving one/two step word problems using information in graphs.
I can ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answer - Clearly stating explicitly where the to prove your answer to questions for Fiction and Nonfiction texts
I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, identifying words that impact the meaning of the text.
I can summarize the historical development of local governments.
I can describe the structure of local government and how it functions to serve citizens.
Grammar: I can explain the function of nouns
I can write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
I can know my emotions and manage stress.
You may also call the school phone between 7:30-8:30, 10:40-11:30, and 2:30-4:00 with any questions/concerns you may have during the day. If you send a dojo message or school phone message, I will respond as soon as I can.
You may contact me by the following ways:
- school phone
- class dojo**
- scheduled zoom conferences
**Please remember I do not check class dojo messages before 7:30am or after 4:00pm. Thank you for respecting the posted quiet hours on class dojo.