News of the Week
December 5-December 9
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- STEM Day We had a fun time reading the Pigeon Drives a Bus and then trying to build a Chair for a Bear to drive a bus out of Popsicle sticks, clothespins, pipe cleaners, and tape... lots of tape! =)
- Pajama Day! Kindergarten is hosting a Pajama Day on Friday, December 16th. The kids are welcome to wear their PJs and bring a fuzzy friend! Please have them wear regular shoes!
- Snowman Bucket Fillers We will be making snowman buckets in our class as a winter craft, and the kids are invited to bring in 18 little trinkets for our buckets (candy, pencils, erasers, fun holiday item, etc). If you wish to participate, please send the items in anytime between Monday and December 19th.
- Book Exchange We will be doing a book exchange during our Winter Party on December 19th. Please send in a wrapped, age appropriate book by December 19th... if it is better suited for a boy or a girl, you can mark that on the outside of the package. This will give our kids something fun to read with you during break!
- Winter Party: Our class party will be on Monday, December 19th from 1:30-2:45pm. We will just be coming back from lunch around 1:30, so you can meet us at our classroom (or join your child for lunch and then walk back with us). We will do some activities, eat some snacks, and have a jolly time. If you wish to check your child out at the end of the party, you may do so from the front desk, just like we did at Thanksgiving.
- The 5th grade chorus is putting on a Winter Show Thursday, December 15th starting at 6:30pm, please feel free to come watch their awesome performance- it is free!
- Skills Assessed: We will start our one-on-one assessments for the end of 9-weeks' skills on Monday. Please see below for the skills we will be assessing for this quarter.
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Pumping up Snap Word, Partner, and Picture Power to read harder books!
- Sight Words: Review
- Writing a How-To book
- Coin names (penny, nickel, dime, quarter)
- One dollar
- Recognizing coins
- Coin value
- Count to 100 by 1's and 10's
- Count forward one more from a given number
- Write numbers 0-20
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **