Ms. Wegley's Class News
May 20th, 2013
We will be finishing reading From the Mixed-Up Files this week, completing Chapters 9 & 10.
Due to the School Improvement Day on Friday (no school for students), we will be taking our vocabulary/spelling pre-test on Monday. All the homework, therefore, will be moved up one day. Students will be assigned spelling corrections on Monday night, definitions/part of speech on Tuesday night, and sentences on Wednesday night.
Students have been writing very creatively with their characters! We have also participated in fun fantasy writing prompts based off of a picture, and 5-4 students came up with what was happening in that moment. We will be continuing to develop our fiction characters this week.
Students are continuing with the energy unit. Looking forward, they will soon be coming up with sketches involving their own chain reactions!
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Patton Walk-a-Thon - Wednesday, 5/22 - 4-5:30 PM
- 5th Grade Musical - Thursday, 5/23 - 7:30 PM in the Commons
- School Improvement Day - NO SCHOOL for students - Friday, 5/24
- Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL - Monday, 5/27
- Robert Crown Permission Slips due - Tuesday, 5/28
- Thomas Reading Summer Visit - Tuesday, 5/28 (end of the day)
- 5th Grade Chicago Field Trip - Wednesday, 5/29 - all day - pick-up at 5:15 PM
- Robert Crown - Thursday, 5/30 @ 10 AM