Chromebook Professional Development
WSD Moves Forward!
Kaleidoscope and Mosaic students will each have one to use during the day at school. That moves us to Chromebooks for all WCS students.
ABS 1-2 laptops in carts will be replaced with Chromebooks.
If you're receiving this, YOU will be getting a Chromebook to use. (You may have one already - but please come for the professional development.) Please read on for initial important information.
**Choose one of the two options below for YOUR professional development. You WILL be compensated for this day. There's a link to RSVP in each option, which both go to the same place.
Chromebook Professional Development/Planning Option #2
Monday, Aug. 22nd, 8am-4pm
WCS Dining Room
- Teams can come together (may help with planning roll-out) or separate due to personal schedules.
- Click on this link to sign up.
We will hold one full day of professional development to kick this off. Including:
- Chromebook basics
- Care, security, and management
- Apps and Extensions
- Digital Citizenship
- Starting the Year
- Google Classroom
- Other useful Google tools for organization/executive functioning
- Lessons learned from teachers/teams that already have them
- more... (what do YOU want to know?)
Creating With Chromebooks
A resource from a recent presentation about using these devices to CREATE.
4 Important Video Tutorials for Teachers New to Chromebooks
There's so much more, but these are good intro videos.
WSD Google Updates Site
I've tried to keep this site up to date this year. Keep checking this one; I add new resources often.