Dublin Jerome High School
Take Responsibility, Always Growing, Better Together
Dec. 2, 2022
A message from me...
Our mindset is the primary driver of what we do. It is easy this time of year to allow our mindset to be in "default" mode. What does that mean? Our default mindset is quick, careless, and very convincing. And most of the time does not care about our happiness or success. (You know that voice!) When we respond to events in our default mindset it is comfortable but likely not as effective as it could or should be.
As the end of the year approaches: winter break, semester exams, family, etc we have more and more events that can lead us to listen more and more default mindsets, me included.
This is when we need to unleash our inner superpower which is the ability to "talk positive when we are feeling negative, or act better than you feel." If we go into a situation with a positive mindset, we are more likely to act with discipline and get an outcome we are looking for.
So how do we become more disciplined in our mindset:
- Be aware of our "default"--SEE IT!
- Focus and filter on things that deserve your attention---SAY IT!
- Recognize and redirect-FEEL IT!
- Respond with discipline--DO IT!
My challenge to everyone, me included, is to choose one or two mindsets over the next two weeks that you can improve (patience, flexibility, confidence, resilience, the list can go on...) and make that a focus as we finish this year STRONG!
Love and appreciate you all! Enjoy your weekend.
SEMESTER 1 EXAMS FINAL PROCDURES
SEMESTER EXAM WEEK PROCEDURES (Dec. 13-16)
With exam week approaching we wanted to send this out as a reminder for some and new information for others. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- Exams are given in all yearlong courses and are 10% of the student’s semester course average. Students will take their exams during the adjusted schedule that can be found here. Exam days are considered days of attendance to school and students are expected to attend during the date and time of their scheduled exams.
- Students do not need to arrive at school until their first scheduled exam period of the day. Notes are NOT required for students who are arriving for a late exam. In order to keep hallways noise to a minimum, students are expected to wait in the COMMONS until an exam dismissal bell.
- Students need to bring A WRITTEN NOTE or parent MUST send an email to the attendance office if they plan on leaving school after an exam, otherwise, they are expected to come to the commons for lunch and study hall until the busses arrive at 1:18.
2022 Dublin Jerome Toy Drive EXTENDED THRU Dec. 9!
We were able to extended our drive thanks to our collaboration with Dublin PD!
The Jerome Principal's Advisory Committee will be hosting a Community Toy Drive supporting Dublin PD's "Fill A Cruiser" Event.
- Please drop off unwrapped gifts at the Dublin Jerome Main Office through Friday, Dec. 9. We will deliver the gifts to the Justice Center!
- To help represent all age groups, please consider donating presents for children in two age categories: newborn to 10 years old and 11 to 17 years old. Gift cards are also accepted and can make an enjoyable gift for young adults.
Thank you for supporting this school community giving event organized by our Principal's Advisory Committee.
Construction Update (12.2.22)
- Meeting next week to finalize Winter Break work!
- Work on the building inside and out is progressing nicely. There will be significant interior work on the existing parts of the building beginning Winter Break.
- When we come back in January it will be exciting to see their progress!
- NEW PICS NEXT WEEK!
🥎JEROME EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES and UPDATES 🎻
Fall PSAT scores
The fall PSAT scores will be available to view on December 5th or 6th. Students must create or have a Collegeboard Account to access their scores. Please use a personal email when signing up for an account to access Collegboard after graduation.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email Mrs. Hampton. Students may also see Mrs. Hampton at lunch next week if they have any questions.
Upcoming Events at Emerald Campus
We wanted to share the events coming up for EC. Please review the information below for opportunities outside of the Jerome campus.
Aviation Academy: OSU Airport Open House December 7th, 5:00-7:00 PM Website
Emerald Campus/Tolles/DCS Virtual visits Jerome on January 11 - Jerome, during lunch
Emerald Campus In-person Open House: January 18th, 4:00-6:00 PM Link
Emerald Campus Virtual Q & A for prospective students: January 23rd, 5:00-6:00 PM Link
College Credit Plus Virtual Informational Sessions: January 23rd, 6:00-7:00 PM Link
If you need any more information or parents have questions, send them our way or to email@example.com and one of us will support the questions.
22-23 Yearbook Pre-Sale
Yearbooks are available for purchase online: click here
- The window to purchase closes in April and once that window closes, there will be no other way to secure a yearbook. Yearbooks are delivered the following fall.
- Cost of the yearbook is $70.00.
Carrie McJunkin & DJHS Yearbook Staff
DYA Volunteer Opportuniites
Dublin Youth Athletics hosts an annual travel basketball tournament (Boys and Girls grades 4-6) each year in December. The past few years we have had Dublin high school students volunteer to work our concessions booth and work the admissions table. This years tournament is December 16-18 at the five Dublin middle schools.
This is a great opportunity for students to get some volunteer hours for their resume and to meet NHS requirements.
We greatly appreciate it and their support helps make this tournament a success each year!
DYA Holiday Youth Basketball Tournament
The 31st DYA Holiday Youth Basketball Tournament will run from Friday, December 16th through Sunday, December 18th. We need volunteers to collect admission to the tournament and also run the concession stand at several of the Dublin Middle Schools (Davis, Grizzell, Karrer, Eversole Run and Sells) over the weekend.
Congratulations to senior, Kaela Meyer, who competed in the regional Irish Dance competition in Indiana this past week. 120 dancers competed in her age group and out of 120, Kaela placed 9th overall which led her to qualify for the World Irish Dance championship competition which will be held in Montreal, Canada in April 2023.
Kaela has been dancing since she was 4 years old. Her dream has been to make it to the World competition and she was proud to share that she finally made it after falling short each year. Her smile says it all!
Gold Medals Don't Make Champions
Learn from gold medal winner Rick Metzger how to be the best you can be AND achieve the best you can get.
WHEN: Sat, January 14, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST
WHERE: Abbey Theater 5600 Post Road Dublin, OH 43017
In this action-packed presentation, Rick will help Central Ohio high school students learn how to:
- Build and maintain self-esteem
- Set and Achieve Goals
- Stay Positive Around Negative People
- Make Smart Choices
Learn from Rick's personal life stories that a gold medal doesn't make you a champion. It's about being the best you can be while achieving the best you can get.
Space is limited.
Register by January 7
T o RSVP for more than 10 students, please contact chapteradmin@NSAOhio.com
DCS Literary Magazine
Looking for student submissions!
JEROME NEWS 11.28.22
👩🎓Student Services and Supports
Please join us for an evening with admissions representatives from The Ohio State University and Denison University. These experts will share their advice about how to approach the college selection process. Additionally, Dublin school counselors will share information about specific resources offered through Dublin City Schools related to this topic.
CLASS OF 2023 INFORMATION
Cap and Gown Winter Order Deadline
Graduation Order Extension - Sorry if we missed you - Don't miss the final Winter Early order Cap & Gown order deadline! SAT. NOV. 26TH
- If you already placed a cap & gown order, thanks for your business. If you still need to order custom school announcements, keepsake items, or 2023 merch, please place a new order online (click here ) before the winter deadline.
- If have not placed my order yet! good news…there is still time to place your 2023 graduation order. This includes your cap & gown unit, custom school announcements, 2023 graduation merch, and all other fun senior keepsake stuff!
2 easy ordering options:
Phone: 1-800-jostens (567-8367)
Questions? Please call Jostens. 1-800-567-8367
General Senior Information
Please use the links below to access important information for our Senior Class.
Name Verification for Class of 2023!
2023 Grads, please make sure that you clink on the following link to complete your name verification for your graduation diploma. Keep in mind that your name has to appear on your graduation diploma as it does on your birth certificate.
If you have any questions contact Ms. Byas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help or Support? Check out our Support Chain Resource! (Click image)
We are excited to announce the addition of a sixth school counselor to the Dublin Jerome Guidance team for the 2022-2023 school year!
Please note a change in counselor assignments.
A - Ch: Mrs. Lisa Bauer
Ci - Han: Mrs. Jennifer Rodgers
Hao - Lin: Mr. Tyler Baker
Lip - Pa: Miss Andrea Baylin
Pe - So: Mr. Andy Zweizig
Sp - Z: Mr. Aaron Bauer
Follow Jerome PTO on Socials!
Please join us on social media for the latest up to date information from the PTO
Friday, Dec. 2
Syntero is offering free 2-day virtual prevention workshops over winter break. These workshops will help students build developmentally-appropriate skills for navigating changes in routine and expectations, spending time with others, and coping with stress and the “winter blues.” Register here until December 12.
PERC Event for Parents of 8th Graders
Looking Ahead, Planning for Success in High School and Beyond will be held on Thursday, January 5th. Register here or, for more information, please visit the PERC website.
Fun Math Festival
Check out the Julia Robinson Math Festival this Saturday, December 3, 1-4 p.m. at the Ohio Union at Ohio State. Created for students in grades 5-10, the festival features tables with activities, puzzles, and problems to explore. Each table is led by mathematicians and math educators. It’s a fun, relaxing atmosphere where all are welcome! Students must register online here: tinyurl.com/jrmfohio2022
🗓 UPCOMING EVENTS 🗓
JOIN THE JEROME COMMUNITY CALENDAR!
Performing Arts Holiday Showcase
Wed, Dec 7, 2022, 07:00 PM
Semester Exams Begin
*See semester exam details above.
Tue, Dec 13, 2022, 08:00 AM
Dublin Jerome High School, Hyland-Croy Road, Dublin, OH, USA
End of 1st Semester
Fri, Dec 16, 2022, 02:45 PM
Dublin Jerome High School
Mrs. Donita Hampton(Last Names A-E)
Mr. Jerry Obney (Last Names F-Lin)
Ms. Ashley Small (Lip-R)
Dr. Bryan Arnold (Last Names S-Z)
Location: 8300 Hyland-Croy Road, Dublin, OH, USA
Principal Dublin Jerome High School