Patriot Parent News to Know -
May 13, 2019
Dates to Remember
- May 13th - STAAR Tests 3rd/4th Math, 5th Math Retest - Campus will be closed to guests
- May 14th - STAAR Tests 3rd/4th Reading, 5th Reading Retest - Campus will be closed to guests
- May 15th - STAAR 5th Science - Campus will be closed to guests
- May 16th - Patriot Choir NRH2O Field Trip
- May 17th - Patriot Field Day
- May 17th -Campus Title I Informational Meeting 1:45pm (Library)
- May 21st - 5th Grade Graduation 8:30am
- May 21st - 1st Grade Awards 10:30am
- May 21st - PTA General Meeting and Patriot Talent Show 6:00pm
- May 22nd - Kindergarten Awards 8:00am
- May 22nd - 2nd Grade Awards 9:00am
- May 22nd - 4th Grade Awards 10:00am
- May 22nd - Early Release 12:00pm
- May 23rd - 3rd Grade Awards 8:00am
- May 23rd - Last Day of School & Early Release 12:00pm
News from Mrs. Diggs
We have 8 more days to make a positive difference in student learning outcomes this year! We cannot believe how quickly this school year has flow by. Over the past few weeks, our students have been engaged in crafting their skills as writers, developing a love of reading in reading workshops, problem solving in math workshops and learning all about science as well as social studies. We have continued to focus on what it means to have Patriot GRIT while really exploring what it means to have Tenacity. Our Patriot Focus Book, Your Fantastic Elastic Brain by JoAnn Deak has helped us recognize that there is always room for us to grow. Our Patriot Learners have been encouraged to continue to self both academic as well as personal goals for themselves as we wrap up this school year.
Next year, Providence will officially be a campus that receives designated state Title I support. Following field day on Friday, I will be sharing information in the library about what this designation means for our campus and answering questions. The Title I Informational Meeting will take place May 17th at 1:45pm. Be sure to join us if you would like to learn more or have questions.
I am truly blessed to be able to serve our students, staff, and our Providence community. If I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me by calling the school at 940-369-1900 or via email at email@example.com.
With Patriot Pride,
Jairia Diggs, M.Ed.