Arabic 1 Newsletter
Module 1 - Lesson 1 Starts TODAY, Monday Feb. 1-5
Lesson 1: Alif, Baa, Taa, Thaa, Waw, Yaa الدرس الأول
CLICK on our class avatr to hear what I have to share with you about lesson 1 introduction & learning Goals
What to Look Forward to in this lesson: أهداف تعليم الدرس الأول
- How to say & write 6 letters of the alphabet.(Alif, Baa, Taa, Thaa, Waw, Yaa)
- Short vowels or (Tashkeel): fat-ha, damma, kasra فتحة - ضمّة - كسرة ِ- ُ- َ-
- The different positions of the letter on the line and the different forms of the letter depending on its location in the word.
- The difference between social and non-social letters
- Vocabulary words related to the first 6 letters.
- Al Hamza over the alif (أ ) (ء ) Glottal stop.
- How to greet and say farewell to someone and use common words of praise.
Click to learn how to read & write the 1st 6 letters and new vocabulary words
What assignments are due by Sunday, Feb. 7th ? الواجبات
- Culture Corner Assignment: Fun Fact Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
- Assignment 1.1: Writing (Due by due date on calendar)
- Assignment 1.2: ِAttending TWO Coaching Sessions for the week
- Assignment 1.3: Listening & Speaking (Due by due date on course calendar)
- Lesson 1 Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
My Hat's off to Sofia G, & Sarah J.
*If you miss a coaching session, make sure you make it up ASAP!