Saying no to forced child marriage
Forced Child Marriage
What is FCM?
- when girls are forced to marry complete strangers
- 51 million girls are married before they are 18 years old.
What occurs in FCM
- Victims tend to be isolated from their peers/ friends.
- They are the victim of male violence in both traditional cultures
- Villages throughout Rural African Communities is just one of the locations where marriage occurs
- Globally, 9 out of 10 child marriages are in Africa: Niger, Chad, Central African Republic, Guinea, Mozambique, Mali, Burkina Faso, South Sudan and Malawi.
- African governments are being urged for higher education on forced child marriage in schools
- We can show these girls how to say no, so if ever this horrifying situations happen to them, they can say no