IAT Tiger Times
Week of April 3, 2017
SCHOOL MISSION - 2017
This Week is Laugh at Work Week! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Charlie Chaplin said "A day without laughter is a day wasted".
Studies show that laughter is good for our health.
We are here at IAT long hours each day. Why not make it fun while we are here at work! After all, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile!
10 Tips to help you practice your laughing skills
- Find a humor buddy. This is someone you can call just to tell him something funny; someone who will also call you with funny stories of things he’s seen or experienced.
- Create a trigger – an emotional state, time of day, or environment cue for you to laugh. Give yourself permission to take an intermission. Don’t feel guilty about your laughter. It’s like a vitamin for your soul.
- Treat yourself to a comedy film festival – Hollywood style. Netflix is cheap and cheerful and there is even a TV channel dedicated to laughter
- Recall the most embarrassing moments in your life. Then find the humor in them. Now practice telling stories describing them in a humorous way.
- Read the comics every day and cut out the ones that remind you of your life. Post them on a bulletin board, the refrigerator or in your workspace.
- Subscribe to a joke service – the internet is filled with these!
- Develop a silly routine to break a dark mood. It could be something as silly as speaking with a funny accent.
- Create a humor environment. Have a ha-ha bulletin board where you only post funny sayings or signs.
- Sort through family photographs and write funny captions or one-liners to go with your favorites. When you need a pick-me-up, pull out the album.
- Think of your commute as a very special time. Listen to a funny audiotape or radio show on your drive to work. Then, remind yourself of the jokes you heard throughout the day. (Source - http://jkstalent.com/laugh-work-week/)
Check out these websites to find out more!