Vista Oaks - Lodi
A great place for your child to grow...
Weekly Update for November 14
A huge "THANK YOU" to all who brought in newspapers for Art Class.
Mark Your Calendars - Important Upcoming Dates
- There is no school the week of November 24 - 28. Please enjoy a wonderful week with your family.
Last Day of the Fall Semester
- The last day of the fall semester is Friday, December 19.
- There is no school from Monday, December 22 through Monday, January 5.
First Day of the Spring Semester
- The first day of the spring semester is Tuesday, January 6.
K - 6: Thanksgiving Feast on Wednesday, November 19
- Just a reminder that Wednesday, Nov. 19th, is our Thanksgiving Feast.
- If you signed up to bring something, please drop it off in the morning with your child.
- The schedule will be the same for the day.
- We will begin with a Thanksgiving craft and then finish with our feast. Math lab will be open following our feast.
- Thank you to parents who volunteered to help bring food for the feast!
Friendly Reminder for Independent Study Students
- Parents, please remember to check your child's assignment sheet to make sure they have completed their weekly homework. It is very important for your child to have this accountability, so that when they attend their weekly meeting with their teacher, they will have their work done and have a sense of accomplishment. Thank you for your participation in this area.
- As the semester is nearing the end, please make sure your child is caught up on all assignments and is attending their weekly classes as well as math lab.
- We encourage you to talk with your child's teacher if you have any concerns or questions. We love being able to work together with you to help your child succeed!
A Great Resource for Writers
K-8: Math Tip
You can multiply by tens and hundreds in your head! Just multiply the digits that are not zeros, then add the zeros up and put them on the end of the answer!
- 40 x 20 =
- Well, 4 x 2 = 8, and I have two zeros...
- So 8 and 00 on the end = 800
- 700 x 200 = ??
- 7 x 2 = 14, and there are four zeros...
See how easy that is!
- Now you try it: 30 x 50 =
Want to Learn More about College?
- Our College and Career Team has several events planned over the next two months.
- Below are a list of the dates for the next three events.
- See Kristen Hatch or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We hope you join us!