September 3, 2021
Student drop off and pick up
Thank you parents for following the Copopa/CMS drop-off and pick-up procedures! You Rock!! Please remember to have students start exiting the cars along the sidewalk. This will speed up the drop-off procedure. Remember that parents need to stay in their cars and are not permitted to park and walk their students to the sidewalk. Thank you! Car riders will be released at 8:10 am! If your student is not a permanent pick-up and you will be picking them up after school, please remember to send in a note that morning or call the office before 3 pm and we'll add them to the pick up list!
NWEA Maps testing
Each year our students participate in NWEA maps testing three times a year in both reading and math. These assessments give us valuable data on the strengths and weaknesses of our students so we can give them the best education possible. The fall MAPS session will be held the week of September 13. Students will take these assessments in their classrooms on either their Chromebooks!
School breakfast and lunch
Remember that all breakfast and lunches at CLSD are free this school year!!
Thank you to all our Raider parents that have updated their child's forms on OneView. If you haven't, please do so now https://cls.esvportal.com/. Our Copopa parents are the best!! Any problems navigating the site please contact our main office at 236-5020.
How to get rid of first day "jitters" by Susie Dunn, School Counselor
- Our kindergarten students are starting next week, a few may have the "jitters" and anxiety about starting school. Here are some tips for you from the website understood.org.
- Talk about feelings. Young kids don't always have the exact words to express their complex emotions.
- Run through the day. Kids thrive on routine and consistency. Talk about their schedule every day.
- Practice first-day conversations. How to introduce yourself, how to greet familiar faces, like "Hi, nice to see you again!".
- Talk about the teacher, in a positive way, and how you will work together to make sure everyone has a great year!
- Talk about school support and who can help if need be. Although some kids may still be nervous, they will build confidence with your help. We all are here for you, feel free to reach out if you need me, email@example.com or 440-236-3773.