Thinking Global and Acting Local
THE GLOBAL YOUNG LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Leadership Development for Cross-cultural Success
- Ready to pursue an international career?
- Have a strong interest in Southeast Asia?
- A STUDENT enrolled in studies or a young PROFESSIONAL working in the UK?
- Looking for a collaborative and hands on learning experience –beyond the traditional theoretical focus, to boost your global success?
- Are you ready for interactive and engaging workshops to develop your leadership skills, fit for the 21st century that will see increased cross-cultural interaction?
Your hard work will be recognised by an official participation certificate!
WHEN: 10th May for Professionals and 17th May for Students
WHERE: The Philippine Embassy London, 10 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG - Map
WHY A GLOBAL YOUNG LEADERSHIP SEMINAR?
- Participate in stimulating dialogues and develop your skills and competencies for stronger relations, exchange of ideas, values and other aspects for a global career
- A globalised world calls for international cooperation and mutual collaboration
- Gain an understanding on global issues and the opportunities for innovative solutions that you as future leader will have to address
- Get introduced to the Southeast Asian region, and the Philippines as a succesful emerging nation
- Solving real life case studies
- Interacting with professionals from the field
- Experiencing human-centred design workshops
- Improving creative problem solving and collaboration skills
- Gaining skills for effective cultural understanding, mutual acceptance, global and local awareness, social impact and social entrepreneurship
- Learning from and with your peers
Register in 3 quick Steps:
Let us know if you are a student or professional - that sets the date for your Seminar
- 10th May, 2014 for Professionals - individuals currently in employment
- 17th May, 2014 for Students - individuals currently studying
Look out for an email confirmation, including details for the day and easy instructions to settle the participation fee. The fee is £25 for STUDENTS and £35 for PROFESSIONALS - this includes full day seminar, lunch, snacks and beverages to keep you going!
ABOUT the host: Gawad Kalinga
The international team of Gawad Kalinga, a multi-award winning Asian Development Organisation that has internationally been recognised for mass sustainable and inclusive development, will conduct the leadership seminar (recognitions include the Schwab Davos Foundation, Skoll Centre, Ernst&Young, World Entrepreneurship Forum, Planet Entrepreneurs, Ramon Magsaysay Award and Nikkei Asia).
The team and inspiring guest speakers who are leading practitioners in the field will share first-hand experiences that will foster your leadership development, drawing from collaborations reaching across Europe, US, Africa and Asia and multi-sectorial partnerships, including well-known multinational companies (incl. Accenture, KLM Air France, Hyundai, Microsoft, Nestle, Shell, Reuters, Unilever) , top academic institutions (Ateneo de Manila, Harvard, HEC Paris, London School of Economics, NUS Singapore, University of the Philippines, Asian Institute of Management) and Asian government organisations.
The Seminars will take place at the stunning venue of the Philippine Embassy London, complementarily provided and a stroll from the iconic sites of Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. More information on Gawad Kalinga can be found at: www.gk1world.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org