SWE STAR GAZER
Together We Shine With Excellence
**Week of October 21**
Plan For These Upcoming Dates!
10/21- Booster(thon) Kick-Off Student Pep Rally
10/24 - Fall Pictures: Schedule Below (Order online: see below)
10/24 - McDonalds Spirit Night 5 - 8pm @ new SW location( Beltway & WLH)
10/25 - Report Cards Sent Home
Week of 10/28 - 11/1 - Red Ribbon Week & Teachers
Week of 10/28 - 11/1 - Begin Fall Conferences: Scheduling Requests sent by the teachers
10/30 - Boosterthon Fun Run: Cheer on your favorite STAR(S)-Times listed below
11/1- NO SCHOOL for ELEMENTARY STUDENTS - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Fall Picture Schedule
RED RIBBON WEEK: October 28-31
From the Nurse...
Vision & Hearing Screenings
Parents and guardians,
I have completed all first round screenings for kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade for the year, if a re-screen is needed, I will conduct that when it’s time (at least 3 weeks from first screen). If your child passed, nothing further will be needed. If your child did not pass, I will send home a referral for the pediatrician. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.
VOLUNTEERING IN HUMBLE ISD
Humble ISD continually enhances proactive safety measures to keep children safe.
Anyone interested in volunteering in Humble ISD will be required to complete an application and undergo a criminal background check.
Go to humbleisd.net/volunteer to begin the application process.
Pledging for SWE's Booter(thon) Fun Run is Open!
PLEDGING IS OPEN!
Help us reach our fundraising goal: $25,000
Parent Action Steps:
1. Register your student(s) on FUNRUN.COM on 10/14.
2. Reach out to sponsors by sharing your pledge link.
3. All pledges and payments are made online.
4. Cheer on your student at the FUN Event on 10/30.
October 30th STUDENT Fun Run Times:
3rd Grade - 8:30 - 9:30am - Color Run, If goal reached
5th Grade- 9:30- 10:30am- Color Run, If goal reached
4th Grade- 10:30- 11:30am - Color Run, If goal reached
1st Grade - 12-1pm
Kindergarten - 1 - 2pm
2nd Grade - 2 - 3pm
Run & Done Collections
• EASY for everyone! Sponsors pledge and pay online, saving our volunteers 50+ hours and helping our school collect more pledges faster.
• Sponsors can either make a pledge per lap or a flat donation. If they make a pledge per lap, their credit card is charged after the Event.
Thank you for your support of our school,