The Colt Classified
January 16, 2018
Family Dine Out
Keeping our Children Healthy: Reminders from Nurse Greenwell
- Please inform Mrs. Greenwell of any serious illnesses e.g. Strep or Flu. When emailing your child's teacher or Mrs. Ponce, please cc Mrs. Greenwell. She needs to track the number of illnesses occurring among the school population.
- Dr. Angela Campbell of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, emphasizes that, "Vaccination remains the most important influenza prevention tool. CDC recommends ongoing vaccination as long as influenza viruses are circulating." Unfortunately, some individuals get the flu even though they are vaccinated against it. However, please remember there are benefits to having received the vaccine. Those who are vaccinated will usually have less severe symptoms and the illness will not last as long.
- Feel free to contact Mrs. Greenwell, email@example.com, with any questions or concerns.
Catholic Schools Week, January 28-February 3rd
CCCS' Catholic Schools Week schedule is as follows:
Friday, January 26th: Pastor/Principal Basketball Game, 2:00-3:00 p.m.; Steps for Students Chili Cook Off, 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 28th: Mass with the Parish, 11:00 a.m.
Monday, January 29th: Wear your favorite college sweatshirt or t-shirt; Seminarian to speak to middle school scholars on vocations
Tuesday, January 30th: Living Rosary, 2:00 p.m.; "Celebrating Diversity in our Children" parent presention by Cathy Garcia Prats, 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall
Wednesday, January 31st: Spelling Bee, 1;00 p.m.
Thursday, February 1st: Open House for prospective families, 9:00 a.m.
Friday, February 2nd: Pastries with the Principal and Pastor following the 8:00 a.m. Mass; Sundaes with Father during lunch
Saturday, February 3rd: The Winter Chill; An Auction Gala
"Celebrating Diversity in Our Children"
Join us as Cathy helps us appreciate our children's unique gifts: academic, physical, faith, culture, race, etc. The main objective of this session is that we, as parents, understand how important we are in appreciating the diversity within our own families in order for our children to appreciate the diversity in their school and the community at large.
This session for parents will be held on Tuesday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall. Please join us!
The Winter Chill Auction Gala
- Send in your RSVP today! Don't miss this fun event!
- Volunteer to help spray branches - contact Ofelia Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate strings of white lights.
- Collect gift cards from your favorite vendors for auction items.
- Attend the next Auction Meeting on Thursday, January 18th, at 7:00 p.m. in the library.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the Winter Chill on February 3rd!
Steps for Students
CCCS has 233 participants signed up! Weekly prize drawings will be held each week until race day. The top fundraising student will win Beats Solo 3 headphones! …and students that raise $75 by January 5th will receive a free jacket pass for one month. See incentive flyer on website for more! Sign up today at www.stepsforstudents.org!
A Chili Cook-Off supporting Steps for Students will take place on campus Friday, January 26th. Sign up to register your chili cooking team to compete for the title of Chili Cook off Champion Superstar! Not a chili cooker? Come feast on taste tantalizing chili and fun foods! Go to www.corpuschristihouston.org to register! Volunteers needed! Simply go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4CA4A92CA1F49-cccs to sign up. New to the sign up are needs for a photographer and someone to grill hot dogs. Contact Mrs. Lily Reyes, Steps for Students Chair, email@example.com for more information.
Orange you glad? Students who purchased orange CCCS Steps for Students t-shirts may wear them every Tuesday with blue jeans until the 5K Walk/Run on February 17th!
The Fund for Corpus Christi Catholic School
Thank you for making the big difference!