Las Positas Updates
10/1/21 Volume 1 (9)
Happy Friday & Happy October, Las Positas Lions~
It is conference time next week. Our children will take part in the conversation about their progress. Please use this time to get to know your teachers better and let them get to know you better.
As we look at additional training and meeting times to help you be connected and involved with Las Positas, share with us when you are available. Some meetings maybe due to resources, limited to certain times. But some meetings are more flexible with the time offering.
As we move on to a new month, Las Positas will be celebrating student successes next week. Currently we are not doing whole group assemblies, so student Lion of the Month Recipients will be celebrated in their classrooms. There are various recognitions including:
- Principled (August IB Profile)
- Communicator (September IB Profile)
- iReady Award
- Approaches to Learning Award
- Kindness Award
- Teacher's Choice
For the month of October, we will be: Inquirer.
- Students who are inquirers nurture their curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. They know how to learn independently and with others. Inquirers learn with enthusiasm and sustain their love of learning throughout life.
Reading Buddies led by Upper Grades
Provocation to Capture student Interests
Virtual Reality Field Trip
Students point their ipads 360 degree to see what's "virtually" around them.
Minimum Day All Next Week- School is Out at 12:40 PM
Please Be Safe in the Parking Lot
- We love that you are using the right side of the door
- We appreciate that students are ready to get on/off the car and not using the trunk
- We know you want to help, but thanks for letting students independently get in and out of the cars (We will continue to work to support our friends who need extra help.)
For your safety and ours,
- Do not cross at the top of the lot, please walk down and use the crossing.
- Do not make an illegal u-turn or double park illegally
- Be patient and smile; we all have a common goal of wanting our students safe
Do You Need Help with Data Verification?
Please reach out to our Community Liaison, Blanca Morales-Marinez, if you need help or come in during our Technical support hours on Tuesdays & Thursdays 3 - 4PM in the library.
firstname.lastname@example.org (se habla espanol).
- 10/4-10/8- Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum days)
- 10/14- Make up Pictures
- 10/20- McTeacher's Night 4:30 – 7:30 PM
- 10/25-29- Red Ribbon Week
- 10/29- Trunk or Treat