A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of December 4, 2017
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- PK Alphabet All Week
- Gr K-5 District Math Test on Monday, 12/11 **Return to Boggess immediately**
- Gr 3-5 Campus Reading Test on Tuesday, 12/12
- Caroling at Richland Mall (PK-2) on Tuesday, 12/12 at 6:30 pm **Assistance from teachers needed**
- GT Presentations in the Library (GT Cluster Classes Only) on Wednesday, 12/13
- Make a Wish Presentation on Wednesday, 12/13 at 8:30 am (Cafeteria)
- Kindergarten Discovery Box (Mayborn) on Wednesday, 12/13
- Caroling at Richland Mall (3-5) on Wednesday, 12/13 at 6:30 pm **Assistance from teachers needed**
- NO FACULTY MEETING
- Early Release on Friday, 12/15
- Triad Meetings on Friday, 12/15
COMING UP! Fire Drill + Lockdown this week; Teacher Work Day on 1/3/18
December Professional Development
December 15: Triad Meetings at 1:30 p m
December 18: District-planned training all day
**Make sure you sign up in Eduphoria. All PK-5 teachers are required to attend Achieve 3000 training in the morning. PK will be in the afternoon**
December 19: Parent Engagement Training on campus & Staff Celebration
January 3: Staff Work Day
From Your Captain
If you have incidents involving students and sexual harassment or anything of a sexual nature, no matter the age, the incident MUST be documented on an Incident Report Form and turned in to Mrs. Helton immediately. This is per our sexual harassment Safe Schools training.
Email your grade level plans for Holiday Parties (December 15) to Connie Barron. She will be keeping track of them for parents that call asking questions.
We have noticed that many behavior incidents are occurring at recess. Please RETEACH recess expectations/procedures when you return from Christmas. Other procedures should be retaught as well based on demonstrated need.
12 Days of Christmas
Here is the staff version: https://www.smore.com/j1k5r
Here is the student version: https://drive.google.com/a/wacoisd.org/file/d/1KMnrsZ1Kl0JRrA4G_l48hkXJxuglo7ZH/view?usp=sharing
Houses will be able to earn points on some of the days based on participation!