Burkholder Middle School
Week of January 11-15, 2021
Want to know how to translate this newsletter into any language?
Watch the video below!
What's Happening this Week!
Monday: January 11, 2021
- Happy Monday!
Tuesday: January 12, 2021
- Evening Study Sessions, 5-7PM
Wednesday: January 13, 2021
- NO SCHOOL
Thursday: January 14, 2021
- FACES- Insight into Graduation: Graduation Requirements and Diploma Types, 5-6pm
Friday: January 15, 2021
- Have a great weekend!
Saturday January 16, 2021
- Battle Born Girls Innovate workshop, 10am-1pm
Attention 8th grade girls!
Please plan on attending our FACES (Family and Community Engagement Services) virtual presentations this semester facilitated by our School Counselors. Our first session, Insight into Graduation: Graduation Requirements & Diploma Types, will be held on Thursday January 14th at 5:00 pm. Please use the link provided on the flyer to sign up, and the link will be sent to you. Email or call Mrs. Bush or Ms. Cady for any questions. Other Thursday dates to mark on your calendar: January 28, February 4, March 11 all at 5:00 pm.
Our Daily Master Schedule
On days when your child's class period states, Teacher Support and Independent/Group Work (asynchronous learning), students need to do the following:
1. Students enter each class period via Clever to get to their teachers' Canvas. The system automatically notes that your child is present in class. The teacher will pull an attendance report from the system and take attendance in Infinite Campus.
2. Students need to view their teacher Canvas for the asynchronous activity and/or assignment. There will ALWAYS be an activity and/or assignment listed there for students to complete during the asynchronous class period.
ELA: Work on Reading Plus. For information on Reading Plus, click on the link here: Reading Plus Information
Students are expected to engage with their schedule of courses and classes on a daily basis. To be counted as present or participating, the students must either:
- Complete coursework during the same day the class meets; and/or
- Attend a real-time class session; and/or
- Meet or communicate with the licensed teacher or substitute about their progress.
Need Chromebook repairs or have permanent connectivity issues?
Link for January's Calendar of Evening Sessions
Burkholder Middle School continues to offer additional support and teacher-led tutoring every Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5-7pm.
If your child needs extra support in math, ELA, science, or social studies, be sure to attend these tutoring sessions. Google Meet Links will be shared with your child through Canvas.
We know many of our parents are balancing work/home/and distance learning, so it's important to the staff at BMS to offer more hours of support to our families.
Need Social Worker Help?
Do you need assistance with mental health, emotional support, family issues, or community referrals? Please click the "Social Worker Assistance" button below to fill out the form and Mrs. Groth, our School Social Worker, will contact you.
Ms. Alexis Groth
702-799-8080 X 4351
Special Ed Facilitator
If you need assistance or have questions regarding Special Education Services, please click the "Special Ed Facilitator Assistance" button below to complete the form and Mrs. Perez will contact you.
Mrs. Eliza Perez
702-799-8080 X 4032
Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Please download this app (hjeshare.com -Code- JAGUARS- all caps) on your phone or desktop to send us pictures for our YEARBOOK..
We need you (all 550 students and families) to be our photographers this year! Below are the topics we need pictures for.
Our yearbook staff is excited to use your photos in the new 2020-2021 Yearbook.
We appreciate you so much! Thank you again for your help!
WE NEED PICTURES FOR:
1. Your Workspace at home- Students with their Chrome Book
2. Mask Fashion- Show off your fancy mask
3. Favorite footwear-Take a picture of your tennis shoes, slippers, dress shoes...
4. Quarantine Hair- Easy one- Pics of your hair!
5. Family Time- Activities with family members
6. Holiday Fun- THANKSGIVING/CHRISTMAS
7. Birthday Celebrations- We know you have these!
8. PARENTS- with Names- THX
9. Siblings- with names THX
10. Future Careers??? Let us know- send a picture
11. Life Skills- Students in action doing household chores, etc...
12. BEST FRIENDS PICTURES -with names THX
13. Favorite Outfits- W\with names THX
14. School Dress Up days.....
The Burkholder Yearbook Staff
Burkholder Middle School
Burkholder Middle School focuses on being an exemplary learning community through rigorous academic experiences to enhance knowledge. We build the foundation of this learning community through meaningful relationships, relevant and engaging learning, empowering student successes, and effective communication. We challenge students to advocate for themselves to become lifelong learners, inspire a love for learning, and utilize technology in today’s world.