WCCS District eNotes Monthly Update
The Mission at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
The Vision at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
Our Values/Beliefs at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
- Students are our priority.
- In working alongside our community and families to ensure student success.
- In the importance of providing a healthy, safe and secure environment.
- In acting with integrity and treating all with compassion and respect.
- Everyone deserves the support needed to engage in continuous growth and improvement.
- In a culture of collaboration that requires collective responsibility and individual accountability.
Awards | Accomplishments | Celebrations:
We were able to welcome 82 students back this past week. It is great to have you back in-person and part of our hybrid (cohorts) learning model.
Hard Work Spotlights - True Professionlism Everyday at WCCS!
Golden Eagle Staff Awards
Curriculum & Instruction:
Half Way There!
February 1 marked the first day of the 2nd semester. We are half way through the 2020-21 school year. We made it! Only 20 weeks left. Keep up the good work. #WCCSstrong
We are in school 5 days a week! All students need to attend school during their assigned days. Attending school in-person is an important part of academic success and emotional well-being.
Working remotely from home - Remember to complete the Remote Learning Daily Attendance Form. Get credit for starting your day. Acceptable reasons to be absent from school include: illness, mandated quarantine, or awaiting Covid-19 test results. If a student is going to be absent, be sure to contact the school's Attendance Office the morning of the absence.
It is important to have up to date contact information for parents/guardians should there be an emergency and the school needs to get in contact with you. Please log on to School Tool and verify that all of your contact information is correct. You can access the Parent Portal on the District Website under Family Resources & Learning. Contact Jacque in the Curriculum & Instruction Office if anything needs to be updated via email (email@example.com) or phone (728-2211 x.3215).
Help us continue to stay safe and stay in school!
Do your part! Wear your mask each day! The mask is a way to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. Everyone is being asked to take steps to prevent spreading the virus from person to person. Every student should bring and wear a clean mask to school everyday. A school nurse will also provide a child sized paper mask for any student that is needing a clean mask. Thank you for wearing your mask to school, everyday!
Vaccination Clinic held at WCCS Fieldhouse
See if you are eligible. Find a New York State operated vaccination site.
Other: | Miscellaneous:
Change it, Don't let it Change You
It may feel like we’re living in pot of boiling water. So much division. So much fear. So much anxiety. So much stress.
While we can’t always control the circumstances we are in, we can control how we respond to them.
We have a choice.
We can choose to be like an Egg, a Carrot or a Coffee Bean.
When placed in the pot of boiling water, an Egg is hardened. A Carrot is weakened.
Don’t be like either.
Instead be like The Coffee Bean. It transforms the water into something more.
Just like the Coffee Bean, you have the power inside you to transform the environment around you.
You don't have to let your circumstances define you. You can define your circumstances.
No matter how difficult the environment, you have the power to help change it.
Don’t give up. Be the Coffee Bean today!
Stay Healthy. Have Fun. Be Safe.
- Play a virtual game online with friends and family - from trivia contests to video games, a little friendly competition from the safety of your home.
- Make a Snowman Contest - challenge neighbors, friends or family to see who can build the best snowman.
- Compliment Call - Valentine's Day is February 14th. Call up a friend or family member and give them a compliment. Stay connected and show how much you care.
- Get Cozy with a Good Book - Get lost in a fiction novel, learn something new or re-read an old favorite. Read together with your chid(ren) for 10 minutes a night.
Healthy students are better learners and academic achievement bears a lifetime of benefits for health.
- February is Black History Month
- February 1 - Start of the 2nd Semester
- February 2 - Groundhog Day
- February 8 and 22 - Board of Education Meetings (6:00pm)
- February 15 - 19: School Closed for Mid-Winter Break