Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of February 16th - 19th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Monday, Feb. 15 -- STUDENT HOLIDAY
Tuesday, Feb. 16 -- TALENT SEARCH Field Trip Permission Forms are DUE in the office
Thursday, Feb. 18 -- TALENT SEARCH Field Trip
Saturday, Feb. 20 -- All- Day Competition for Tison All Stars @ the Weatherford High School...come by and show your support!
Thursday, Feb. 25 -- Tison OAP (One Act Play) Public Performance @ 6:00 PM in the Tison cafetorium
Saturday, Feb. 27 -- UIL Competition Day for the Tison OAP students
How to submit your application (DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2016)
- You can deliver this form and payment directly to Mrs. Fenton (cash or check made out to Tison MS)
- You can email this filled out form to email@example.com. The form cannot be processed until payment is received.
- Payment can be dropped off in the front office with all necessary information included.
**To add a picture, search for BALFOUR IMAGE SHARE in your app marketplace, download the free app, and enter our project number 606340 and password Tison**
COLLEGE ACADEMY - A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN WISD & WEATHERFORD COLLEGE
The College Academy provides Weatherford ISD students opportunities to take as few as one or as many as 20 college courses, earning college credit while working toward high school graduation.
For more information, click on the PDF link below:
COLLEGE ACADEMY REGISTRATION & CHECKLIST
PARENTS OF 8th GRADE STUDENTS! Registration is currently open for the College Academy as well as the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Test. Below is a checklist of items to be done in order to successfully admit your student into the College Academy program:
- Sign up for the TSI Test by February 29th. To sign up, go to: https://docs.google.com/a/weatherfordisd.com/forms/d/1FCrA5o6McP58ezQT0IJx7hXeAfP7cPf62HqaqpwRuIk/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Complete the pre-test checklist for TSI (prior to March 5). For checklist, go to: http://tinyurl.com/pre-TSIchecklist
- Apply to college via ApplyTexas @ https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
- Successfully complete Reading portion of TSI (offered at WHS on March 5th)
- Register for classes at the Ninth Grade Center (late March)
- Arrange for tuition payments
TSI & SAT RESOURCES
TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Test -- SAMPLE QUESTIONS
2016 ACADEMIC UIL MEET -- RESULTS
UIL READY WRITING
7th grade -- Chris Carney (6th place)
8th grade -- Kayla Host (3rd place)
7th grade -- E'myah Jones (1st place)
Tex Ejere (2nd place)
Callan Neal (3rd place)
8th grade -- Connor Bezio (1st place)
UIL IMPROMPTU SPEAKING
7th grade -- Michael Jennett (6th place)
UIL MODERN ORATORY
8th grade -- Jacob Munnell (4th place)
Georgina Villarreal (5th place)
UIL ORAL READING
7th grade -- Emma Cromer (5th place)
8th grade -- Breanna Sarslow (4th place)
Chloe Greensweight (5th place)
UIL CALCULATOR APPLICATIONS
7th grade -- Braden Carter (4th place)
8th grade -- Alisha Thanpaisarnsamut (3rd place)
Jenna Cordell (6th place)
UIL DICTIONARY SKILLS
8th grade -- Connor Bezio (5th place)
7th grade -- Tex Ejere (1st place)
Luke Bagwell (5th place)
Braden Carter (6th place)
8th grade -- Alisha Thanpaisarnsamut (5th place)
UIL NUMBER SENSE
7th grade -- Tex Ejere (6th place)
UIL SCIENCE II
8th grade -- Alexis Sprunger (5th place)
UIL SOCIAL STUDIES
7th grade -- Sam Fowlkes (2nd place)
Reagan Lee (3rd place)
Kaben Basel (5th place)
There are a total of 13 competitive events and Tison placed in 11 of those events! There are six Quad County schools in Zone I this year.
Below is the UIL Academic total points for each school:
1st place -- Henderson Junior High (Stephenville) -- 390 points
2nd place -- Aledo Middle School -- 352 points
3rd place -- Tison Middle School -- 203 points
4th place -- Hall Middle School -- 172 points
5th place -- Granbury Middle School -- 153 points
6th place -- Brewer Middle School -- 113 points
SPEED DATING W/ BOOKS @ TISON LIBRARY
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Alisha Thanpaisarnsamut, 8th grader
A member of the Tison staff used these adjectives to describe Alisha: "creative, hard worker, helper". Alisha is a wonderful student who is active in many ways on campus (for example, see the UIL Academic Meet results above).
In order to get to know Alisha a little better, she completed a "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are her answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
Hanging out with my friends.
4. What is your favorite food?
All of them.
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older?
Anesthesiologist, because I don't want people to feel pain.
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
I wish I could do a backflip.
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
Hang out with friends.
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
14. What is your favorite TV show?
Limitless, it has a backstory that is a movie
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Straight Outta Compton, because it shows what really happened.
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
The Demon King
20. What is your favorite video game?
Don't have one
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)