September Parent Newsletter
Welcome to a wonderful year of learning at Plainview Primary. This is definitely a new and different year as we try diligently to make the best learning environment, while keeping our students and staff safe from the Coronavirus and other illnesses. We appreciate how wonderful you have been. We want to reach out in as many ways as possible, since traditional visiting is not as easy. This is our first edition of our school newsletter. School is off to a great start this year. Thank you so much for your part in our Great Beginning! The beginning of the school year (and the beginning of your child’s school career) is a great time to get involved with us at school. Research shows that the more parents work with their child’s school and teacher, the better the school is – and the better their child does in school. Here are some tips to help you get involved:
- Introduce yourself and talk to your child’s teacher. Tell the teacher about your child’s preferences, dislikes, strengths, and challenges.
- Find out what your child will be learning. Ask the teacher how you can reinforce at home what your child is learning at school.
- Log onto our website and onto your teacher’s google site. Both these are an excellent source of information as well.
- Our theme this year is “Kindness”. Help your child learn about kindness. Talk about different situations to show kindness. Model it with your actions at all time and in all situations. Help them learn jingles and quotes about kindness. Discuss situations and role play how to be KIND!
Plainview Primary is a model Great Expectations school. Great Expectations is a philosophy of teaching with these six core tenets:
- All children can learn
- High expectations
- Teacher attitude and responsibility
- Building self-esteem
- Climate of mutual respect
- Teacher knowledge and skill
Each week, we will focus on a Life Principle throughout the school day. The Life Principles for this month are: Self-Discipline, Honesty, Integrity, Diligence, and Compassion.
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held the evening of September 22 from 3:30pm until 9:30pm. Please mark this very important date on your calendar. This is a time for you and the teacher to develop a success plan for your child. We look forward to visiting with you at this great event. There will be more information made available soon.
Thank you again for the fabulous start to school! Working together we can all achieve great things!
3 Fun Facts About Some of Our New Teachers!
Jamie Finley: 2nd Grade
| || |
Wendy Chamberlain: Music
September 3 - School Picture Day
September 7 - Labor Day (No School)
September 22 - Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30 - 9:30 p.m.
September 25 - No School