September 1, 2022
Father Tim said in his homily that he was the middle child and was always forced into playing with this younger sister. This ties in with the Gospel with Jesus being pressured to stay in his town to heal all the sick. Jesus replied to the people that he has to go to other towns and villages to spread the Word of God. This also ties in with Saint Teresa helping the needy and dying in her home of India. Father Tim tied it in with Mother Teresa because her feast day is coming up. - Aidon grade 7
St. Teresa of Calcutta Day
We will celebrate the St. Teresa of Calcutta Award that our school received from the Diocese of Orlando. In honor of St. Teresa of Calcutta, (Feast Day Sep. 5th) we will have a school-wide “Blessings Bags” service project. Our goal is to donate 100 “Blessing Bags” to give to children in need through the Mission in Winter Haven.
On Tuesday, September 6th, we will collect new child sized socks, towels, and boxes of individual kid friendly snacks. Bring a donation for the blessing bags and dress down in blue and white for St. Teresa on September 6th
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Thank You for sponsoring our police officer
Cheer Coach Needed
toilet paper rolls needed
celebrate on our sign
new lunch program
If your child plans to purchase lunch at school, it is important that he/she have money on his/her lunch account. If a student has a negative balance of $20, he/she will not be permitted to purchase a school lunch that day. Rather, he/she will be given a peanut butter sandwich with a drink, and you will be charged half price for the lunch. Please see the "Resources" section of this edition of Eagle's Eye for directions on how to put money on your child's lunch account. *When setting up your child's account, two tips: (1) be sure to select St. Joseph Catholic School Winter Haven; (2) for the student identification number, use your child's AR (accelerated reader) number - call the school if your child cannot tell you his/her AR number.
Please be aware that students have the option to purchase extras. You may want to monitor this on your child's lunch account, or have a conversation with him/her. Please also know that you can put messages on your child's account, restricting the number of snacks or saying that you do not want your child to purchase snacks.
Hawk Jr. Cheerleading
Drop off and let us feed your Jr. Cheerleader, teach them a fun routine and then meet us at the field for kick-off at 7pm. K-8th grade, $40 will include everything! Parents, $5 per vehicle to park for the game, $5 for Adult game ticket and $3 for student (non-cheerleader) game ticket. No need to rsvp for yourself, only your Jr. Cheerleader!
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier