The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/22/2020
This Week's Schedule
- All students will be fully virtual Monday through Wednesday.
- No school Thursday and Friday.
- Students will return to the hybrid model on Monday, December 7th.
- Please continue to fill out the Covid form on your child's scheduled in school days so we may continue to plan for a safe, healthy learning environment for our Generals!
The virtual link can be found under the location column. Click on Virtually and you will be placed in a Zoom or Google Meet waiting room until you are let in for your conference. Please be sure to select the correct conference time. You will need to come back to this location and click on the next link for each conference.
Once conferences are underway, your child's teacher will not be available to help you access the virtual conference. If you experience difficulties accessing your child's virtual conference, please call the main office at 732-431-3910 or email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Food Drive/Blessing Bag Collection
The drive is running from Monday, November 23rd and ends Friday, December 4th. There will be a bin located outside the main entrance for the duration of the drive.
8th Grade Graduation~Important Information
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE FORM IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2020. If we do not receive a completed form for your child by November 25th, we will use his/her first and last name as listed in GENESIS.
A form is ready for you to complete on the Genesis parent portal indicating how you would like your child's name to appear on his/her diploma. Please follow these instructions:
- Log on to your Genesis Parent Portal account for your 8th grade student.
- Click on the "Forms" tab.
- Choose the form entitled "Student Name for Diplomas."
- Once in the form follow the instructions to complete.
Please note, once the form is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. Diplomas will be ordered based on the information you provide.
We will once again be using Kilbourne & Kilbourne for our graduation gowns. Order form can be found here: https://bit.ly/35uATy8. Please review the following information regarding graduation gowns:
- Gowns are sold in units, each consisting of a Gown and 2021 Tassel. The cost is $20.15 per unit.
- Additional Keepsake Tassels are available at $8.75 each.
- The district does not use graduation caps.
- If you plan for your child to use a sibling's gown, please complete the form indicating your plan at the bottom of the form.
- Gown orders are due by December 4, 2020.
- There will be a drop box for all gown orders located at the main entrance, or orders may be mailed to the school at Eisenhower Middle School, 279 Burlington Road, Freehold, NJ 07728, ATTN: Linda DiStasi.
Information for 8th Grade Students
Monmouth County Vocational School District Information Sessions are now available online Please visit https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/information-sessions-open-house/
There are 3 sections to the remote information session:
- MCVSD Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent message
- View the Video for the school you are interested in
- View the Admissions Video
- Submit the Google Form: This will serve as documentation you viewed the video for the school you are applying to
Applicants will be required to watch the remote information session in order to apply. Remote information sessions will be available November 1 – December 4, 2020.
The application can also be found on the same page or on the MCVSD Home Page at www.mcvsd.org.
DDE Masks Still Available
- To report your child absent if he/ she is neither well enough to come to school nor attend school virtually.
- If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day. However, you must call the attendance line to let us know.
- Welcome Letter: https://bit.ly/35kW7io
- Membership Form: https://bit.ly/2F7xPxU
- Committee Descriptions: https://bit.ly/2Fe0tgl
- Parent Volunteer Form: https://bit.ly/3ieuFXd
- Next PTO Meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020 @ 6:30pm via Zoom
- Save the Date! The 5th Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction will be held on Friday, April 23, 2021!
Just a reminder:
- Please be sure chrombooks are charged and ready each day.
- Don't forget your headphones to be used during your Related Arts classes!