August 10th, 2022
The building will be open this year at 7:00 am. Please don't drop off students before 7:00 am. We want to ensure that students are receiving appropriate supervision in the mornings. The cafeteria will be open at 7:00 and the remainder of the building will be open at 7:05 am. After school students not in an activity or athletic team will be asked to leave the building at 3:00 pm.
Some of the changes that we are bringing to the school are designed to not only keep the building safe but also to keep students in class, learning, and protect the classroom environment.
- The only doors for entering and exiting the building are the main office doors. This includes CCP students leaving early. THE SIDE DOORS BY THE AUDITORIUM WILL BE OPEN from 7:00am - 7:20am for entry and students can use those doors to leave at 2:25.
- Breakfast will no longer be served past 7:45am in the building. The number of students late to 2nd period last year was excessive and we are going to remove some of the reasons why students are late. Students with late arrival need to be on time to their 2nd period classes. Students with early dismissal are expected to leave the building at the end of their last class.
- Students not in an extracurricular or athletic event after school will need to be out of the building at 3pm. If students are waiting for a ride they can do so in the vestibule at the main entrance. Students are not able to hang out in the cafeteria after school after 3pm.
- We are moving to a pass system in the hallways. Students should not be leaving class without a pass. Teachers have been provided passes to give to a student if a he/she needs to use the restroom or leave the classroom. Students roaming the hallways without a pass will receive progressive discipline per our code of conduct.
- Students returning from Polaris are to go to the cafeteria for lunch before the start of their SHS classes.
- Cell phones will be placed in a cell phone holder, on the teacher's desk or appointed spot. Students leaving to go to the restroom will not be taking their phones with them. Last year students who missed large amounts of class time were meeting up with others they had texted or messaged. Classroom time is for learning and cell phones have become a major problem for teachers during the lessons. We want the lesson to be about learning and not about social media. We are asking support from our families to ensure that the learning environment at SHS dedicated to student achievement.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Senior Lot Safety
Seniors walking into the building should use the sidewalk.
Freshman - New Student Orientation
We would like to welcome our incoming Freshman to the high school. Freshman orientation will be on August 17th. Freshman will report to the auditorium at 7:20am and dismissal will be at the normal time 2:25 pm. Busses will run both in the AM and PM as normal.
Students first day of school for everyone else is the 18th as the whole building has school that day.
Alpha Homeroom assignments will be provided in next week's newsletter.
For Open House you will follow your child's bell schedule using the following:
Parent arrival starts at 6:15.
1st Period: 6:30 - 6:45 (5 Minute Introduction from Mr. Wingler)
2nd Period: 6:50 - 7:00
3rd Period: 7:05 - 7:15
4th Period: 7:20 - 7:30
5th Period: 7:35 - 7:45
6th Period: 7:50 - 8:00
7th Period: 8:05 - 8:15
8th Period: 8:20 - 8:30 (At 8:30 Mr. Wingler will announce that Open House has concluded)
Important Changes to Early Release/Late Arrival Policy
A-Di Mrs. Coblentz - email@example.com
Do-Je Mr. Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ji-Mr Ms. Davidson - email@example.com
Principal Bill Wingler firstname.lastname@example.org 440-572-7127
Students whose last names begin with:
A-G Susan Harb email@example.com
H-O Eric Kassel firstname.lastname@example.org
P-Z Sean Collins email@example.com
Supervisor of Secondary Curriculum: Nicole Hackman firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director: Denny Ziegler email@example.com
Assistant Athletic Director: Jason Keppler firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Coordinator: Drew Kuzmickas email@example.com
STAY SAFE. SPEAK UP!
How do I call in my child's absence from school?
If you know your child will be out, please call the attendance office at (440) 572-7100, option 2 and leave a message before 8:00 A.M.. You may call at any hour.
Your message should include the following information:
- Name and grade of student
- Date of absence and possible return
- Reason for absence
- Person calling
- Number where parent/guardian can be reached
Support Strongsville Students
Join the PTA: https://strongsvillehspta.memberhub.com/store
Joint the athletic boosters: https://www.strongsvilleathleticboosters.com/