5th Grade News!
For the Week of November 10-14
- Identifying characteristics, classifying, and analyzing myths and their plots
- Writing a historical narrative: researching, choosing characters, and planning
- Representing data with bar graphs, frequency tables, dot plots, and stem-and-leaf plots
**Data assessment on Friday, November 14
- Understanding the formation of rocks and fossil fuels
- Understanding and analyzing the Constitution of the Unites States, including the Constitutional Convention, Articles of Confederation, and the three branches of government
- Explaining and understanding the importance of Veteran's Day
Also, practice your math facts daily.
Reading - One menu item due Friday, November 14
Information and News
We were disappointed about our field trip being cancelled due to weather, but will be rescheduling for a nicer day! We will send out information when we have a date.
The words of the week are import and export. Ask your child to use these in a sentence and look for examples of their use in everyday conversation.
On Tuesday, November 11, we encourage students to wear red, white, and blue in honor of our veterans. We will also be studying this holiday in Social Studies.
If you purchased Packpons, here are the dates for the remainder of the PackPon days. Your teachers have a list of all the students who bought them at the beginning of the year. You may still purchase packpons - bring $5 to school! :)
This week: Crazy Hair Day – 11/13
Board Games – 11/21
Extra Recess - 11/24
Hat Day – 12/5
Sunglasses – 12/16
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG