2nd Grade Happenings
March 21st - 24th
In The Know
Tuesday, March 22nd:
- 2nd Grade Jazz Performance at 6pm. Please have your student at the school by 5:45pm.
Friday, March 25th:
**** Student Holiday *****
Thursday, March 31st:
- Field Trip to the Holifield Outdoor Learning Center
- Students will need to bring a sack lunch and wear their blue Aldridge STEAM 2.0 t-shirt.
We will need supplies for our next science unit. If you would like to help out, please go to the following link and sign up for the items you will be able to donate.
** We have 2 field trips coming up in the spring. We will ask for volunteers the closer to the field tip dates. If you would like to be a volunteer, please make sure you have completed a background check for the 2015-2016 school year. **
Spelling: Our Spelling Pattern for the week
Words will have either -ur, -or, -ir, -er, or the -ar pattern.
As always, spelling does not stop after the spelling test. Please help your child find other words that have the same pattern.
**Spelling words, games and practice test may be found on spellingcity.com. Look for Word Study 24 *****
Science: Our Science Goal For The Week
We are writing to tell you about our next Science unit called Designing Plant Packages. Over the next few weeks, students will be learning about the physical characteristics of plants and using that knowledge to design and improve a plant package.
Throughout this unit, students will show their learning by:
· describing, comparing, and illustrating physical characteristics plants
· describing what a plant needs in order to survive
· collecting, organizing and recording data showing plant growth
· drawing and recording seed and plant observations
· defining a simple problem and finding solutions
· communicating scientific explanations and valid conclusions
We will be in need of several supplies for this unit. If you happen to have or are able to donate, we could use the items on the following signupgenuis link:
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. You can support your child’s learning by talking with your child about this unit and encouraging her/him to ask questions and think hard.
We are looking forward to seeing our second graders bloom during this unit!