GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY?
Attorney at law
What is an Attorney?
An attorney-at-law is defined as a practitioner in a court of law who is legally qualified to prosecute and defend actions in such court on the retainer of clients.
What is the starting salary?
Top Law Schools- Criminal Law Major
2. Harvard University-$53,308 per year (full-time)
3. Standford University-$52,530 per year (full-time)
4. Columbia University-$57,838 per year (full-time)
5.University of Chicago-$53,301 per year (full-time)
Why do I want to become an attorney?
History, Government, and Politics
These topics are interwoven with the field of law. Demonstrate that you have some knowledge of the government and its history
- United States and World History
- Law and/or Taxation
- Political Science
- A career as a lawyer is all about critical thinking , writing, and speaking. Take classes that offer opportunities for extensive critiqued writing. Seek opportunities to debate and speak publicly.
- Public Policy
- Public Speaking
- Social Sciences
- The study of human behavior is fascinating - and much of law concerns human behavior.
- Religious Studies