Published January 20th
Happy Birthday this week to Beth Gartman (our OT).
tutorial this week
Wednesday: Core 2 Constructed Response Practice
Thursday: Core 3 Constructed Response Practice
Friday: Core 4 Constructed Response Practice
we need to get our red sheet data together. stac will give you more info on that.
This Week's Meetings
Tuesday: Erika and Stacie at Marysville, OH for school visits re: Competency Based Instruction (next step in SBL), Assessment Training after school--this is a required faculty meeting
Wednesday: SBDM at 5pm, Unit Planning, Team Leader
Thursday: Unit Planning
**I messed up. We were supposed to have NO 15-minute meetings this month because Tia needed an hour to train you all on testing. So...there will be no Faculty Circle again for the next 4 weeks. The next faculty circle will be February 24.**
2020 Planning Meetings (1, 2, 5, 7)
January 21: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 23: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 28: Advanced Decoding the Prompt Check in Day--in person, bring student samples
January 29: Reading and SS ATM
January 30: Math and Science ATM
February 4: Writing an Extended Response PD (both plans)
February 12: Behavior PLC
February 14: Behavior PLC
February 18: Co-Op Accommodations and Modifications Training--ELA, SS, UA (both plans)
February 19: Co-Op Accommodations and Modifications Training--Science and Math (both plans)
February 25: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 27: Constructed Response Check In Day (in person, bring samples)
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.