Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
Week of January 4-8, 2016
New Procedure Starting Tomorrow...
Fire Inspector Visit
By Friday, January 8th:
- all extension cords and multi-plug outlets removed from room
- curtains taken down (rugs can stay for right now)
- floor lamps, clip lamps and Christmas lights removed from classrooms
- candles removed
- items hanging from ceilings removed (including decorations)
- all doors (exterior and closet doors) must not have anything on them
- exits must be cleared from clutter and objects
By Spring Break:
No more than 20% of your classroom and hallway walls can be covered with posters, number lines, color words, shape words, student work, anchor charts etc. If you are a visual learner, 20% would be one wall of your classroom.
By End of Year/Summer:
Closets need to be cleaned and purged. Items cannot be on the floor or on the top of the shelf. There must be at least 24 inches between the ceiling and the shelf that is free of clutter and materials.
I know that this is a change, and it may require you to rearrange your rooms. However, student and staff safety is our top priority and these items need to be addressed to ensure everyone's safety. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask:-)
Tier 2 Meetings on Thursday
UIL Ready Writing Contest
PLC's this week...
Farmer's Teacher Grants
Teachers can win $2500 to even $100,000 in grant money!
Weekly Attendance Goal
Here's a quote to start off the new year:
"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."
- Chelsey Jimenez - January 5th
We hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- January 6th - Leadership Team Meeting, 3:05 pm
- January 7th - First Grade Field Trip to Thinkery
- January 11th - Gen Ed/Sped Teachers meet during conference time
- January 12th - LVES Family Fun Night at PDQ -
- January 13th - CIP Team Meetings, 3:05 pm - 3rd Grade provides snacks
- January 14th - CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm in Library
- January 18th - Staff Development Day, Student Holiday - schedule coming soon
- January 22nd - Early Release at 11:30 am
- January 22nd - District UIL Meet in Jarrell
- January 25th - End of 3rd weeks grading period