Weekly Newsletter - November 2, 2017
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
From the Principal
Happy All Souls Day! Don't forget to stop by the school office to write the names of loved ones you would like remembered in our Book of Life this month. We are honored to pray for them.
The students had a wonderful time during our All Saints' Day class parties! Thank you to all the families who contributed to this beautiful day of honoring all the saints in Heaven.
Now, we look to this Saturday's big event, A Knight to Remember 2017 - A Knight at the Royal Table. As I left the school late this evening, I witnessed a transformation of the building taking place. Many dedicated parents were hard at work creating an atmosphere for you to truly enjoy. I hope you have been able to buy your tickets and register for the event. I am looking forward to seeing so many of you!
Lastly, thank you so much for completing the two Strategic Plan Surveys! We are busy looking at the results, and will use this information to continuously move the school forward.
In Christ's Service,
Quotes to Ponder
Everything that is done out of Love acquires greatness and beauty.
- St. Josemaria Escriva
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.
- St. Augustine of Hippo
At St. Joseph Catholic School, we are striving to become missionary disciples by bringing others to Christ, through the recognition of what is beautiful around us each and every day, and reflecting that beauty in our actions.
Latin and Greek Root Challenge
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Tomorrow, we attend First Friday Mass. Students are to come in their Mass uniform.
- Tomorrow is also an EARLY DISMISSAL day. Students are dismissed at noon.
- Book of Life - Please step in the office and write the name of a loved one or friend who has passed away into this very special place of honor. We will read these names during morning announcements throughout the month of November, and keep them in our prayers.
- Raffle tickets are on sale now! Be sure to check out the AK2R Folder with all the details. NEW: Every classroom that has 100% participation in the selling of raffle tickets WINS AN ICE CREAM PARTY! Each student will need to sell 14 or more tickets to qualify.
- Don't forget to buy your tickets to our 17th Annual "A Knight to Remember" event. See the details below. Hope to see you there!
- Garage Sale Donations - The 8th grade is collecting garage sale donations this Friday on the east side of the church (by the horses) beginning at 7:30am. They are appreciative of anything you might have that they can sell at the annual garage sale in February. The money raised helps pay for their 8th grade trip and graduation expenses.
- NJHS is having their annual Thanksgiving Food Drive for the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Joseph Parish the week of November 13th.
- Here is a list of items needed: frozen turkeys, french fried onion rings, cooking oil, cereal, peanut butter, jelly (no grape, please), toothpaste, hand sanitizer, soap pods for laundry, and shampoo for men/women.
- Little Gobbler Open House is Thursday, November 9th. Please see the flyer attached for more details regarding this event encouraging new Preschool and Kindergarten-aged children to tour the school. We hope to see them as fellow Knights one day!
- Daylight Savings ends on Sunday, the 5th.
- Picture retakes are on Wednesday, November 8th.
car line observations
- Please be patient with friends and extended family members who drop off and pick up students. Many times they have not been informed of the proper way to navigate the car line. We do reach out to families after arrival and dismissal who seem to not understand the car line pattern.
- If you have a friend or extended family member picking up your child, please take a minute to explain the procedures to them. Please reference the diagram. Thank you!
- We would ask that a cell phone not be in your hand while driving in the car line. We all know it only takes one sudden distraction to alter lives forever.
Our home and school association presents the 17th Annual "A Knight to Remember"
Home and School Association (HSA)
- There will be no HSA Meeting in November.
- Tuesday, November 7th is an "All Day" Spirit Night at Rockfish. Come out and support the school while enjoying a meal with family and friends.
- Sell those raffle tickets and be sure to purchase your AK2R tickets as soon as you can. Thank you for all you do for this school!
- Box Tops are always being collected for the school. Don't forget to clip them and bring them into the front office to help raise money for the school.
- It's never too late to join the HSA! Come by the school office to pick up a form. The cost is $15.00.
A Note from My School Picture photography
In the fall, we offer a retake program due to the school yearbook. The retake day is scheduled for November 8th. If you decide to buy photos and do not like them, you are welcome to a retake. We ask that you return the original picture package on retake day. On retake day, another image of your child is taken. A picture package, with your child's retake image will arrive at the school at no charge.
In the spring, we offer a proof program for parents to view their child's picture online. Also, parents are welcome to return fall pictures and have a retake in the spring as well.
Website link: www.myschoolpicture.com
KNIGHTS IN ACTION!
Sr. Mary Anthony Nguyen, OP and Sr. Maria Theresa Pham, OP
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- St. Joseph Catholic Church is in need of adult catechists to help in various roles. Please contact Dawn Hall or Ana Garza in the parish office if you are interested in serving your community in this way.
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.