Craddock's Weekly Update
For the Week of October 3, 2022
Mrs. Menta's Message
Happy weekend Craddock Families!
Friday, 9/30 = BEST.DAY.EVER!
With enormous help from our PTO Board, parent volunteers and the Craddock staff, we held the first annual "Cruisin' Craddock" event! Everyone participated on this absolutely beautiful day by either walking or running around our track as many times as they could in approximately twenty minutes. We all had so much fun and worked on our physical health as we cruised around!
Craddock sends a huge THANK YOU to everyone who donated to this special fundraiser. You raised approximately $8,000.00 and 100% of that will go directly to the kids at Craddock! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I cannot say enough about how wonderful this was, but I can promise you it is just the beginning of many wonderful years of "Cruisin' Craddock!" I hope the pictures and video below give you some insight into how truly amazing this was for all of us!
Feeling extra grateful today to be working in such an amazing place that does tremendous things for kids! Have a fantastic weekend! Go Buckeyes and Go Browns!
216-849-2552 (cell) Feel free to call or text this number.
Craddock's Nurse, Mrs. Courtad
Mrs. Courtad will be starting vision and hearing screenings on all of our 1st grade students in the month of October. If you have any questions about the screenings or if you would prefer your child is not screened, please contact her directly using the information below.
Mrs. Courtad plays a HUGE part in ensuring all of our students and staff are safe and well taken care of while at Craddock each day. If you ever have any questions or comments for her, please don't hesitate to call her directly at 330-954-2147 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car Rider Protocol - IMPORTANT!
Students can be dropped off at 8:40 a.m. at the earliest! Please do not allow them to exit your car until that time, as there is no staff to monitor them. Pick up will begin promptly at 3:10 each day. If everyone knows the system and cooperates, we will have all students in cars in 15-20 minutes.
Here are some things I need all car rider families to do, which will help immensely.
- Please do not use Willard to line up for drop off or pick up. We are working with the police to get it blocked off, but in the meantime, please avoid it. Enter Hurd Road off of New Hudson and begin lining up there. Please see the map below for guidance.
- Parents are not permitted to get out of their car when dropping off or picking up their child(ren). It is one of the main reasons the flow of traffic slows down. If you need to do that, you must pull into a marked parking spot. Again, we ask you don't do it at all. We have plenty of staff available to help your child in or out safely.
- All students must exit their car on the passenger side of the vehicle. We understand this can be tricky with child locks and car seats, but it is in the best interest of all our car riders to have it be this way. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We are not permitting people to turn left into the school from Hurd Road. You will be asked to continue down Hurd, turn around and join the end of the line.
- We ask that you please respect the guidelines we have set up and follow them consistently. Everyone involved in the car rider process, staff and parents, thank you!
If at any time, you wish to change your child's mode of transportation for one or more days, you must fill out the Google form attached. We are no longer able to accept notes, phone calls and/or emails to do this, outside of emergencies. Thank you!
An Update from Our Superintendent, Mr. Roberto
Click the button below to view the latest Aurora City Schools update from Mr. Roberto.
PDF Transcript Link
Aurora City School District Report Card from ODE
Thanks for taking the time to review this message. Take care and GO GREENMEN!
A Message from Our School Counselor, Mrs. Ambrosia!
Please click the link below to learn more about the Clothing Crusade, a local organization who can help support families.
Mrs. Lindsey Ambrosia
330.562.6199, ext. 5414
330.562.3174, ext. 1260
Mark Your Calendar
Tuesday, 10/04 - Moebius Field Trip for Schaefer and Armbrecht
Wednesday, 10/05 - Moebius Field Trip for Goff and Acevedo
Friday, 10/07 - Moebius Field Trip for Doherty and McArthur
Tuesday, 10/11 - Moebius Field Trip for Janko
Wednesday, 10/12 - Moebius Field Trip for Heffernan and Williams
Thursday, 10/13 - Picture Retake Day
Monday, 10/31 - Fall Festival Parade and Party
Tuesday, 11/08 - Fall Conferences - Night One
Thursday, 11/10 - Fall Conferences - Night Two
Friday, 11/11 - Veteran's Day Assembly
Friday, 11/18 - End of First Trimester
Help to Support WomenSafe
Important PTO Information
Click the button to find out how! You can also email email@example.com with any questions.
If you'd like to join PTO, please click the link and fill out the form.