Week ending October 27
Veteran's Day Assembly Sign Up
We are honoring Veterans at ESS on Friday November 10th beginning at 9:30. If you are a Veteran or know of one that would like to attend, please fill out the form below
Thank you for your service and we look forward to welcoming Veterans to ESS
VORS Focus for October-initiative
This week's news:
Thank you for attending parent conferences-it was lovely seeing you all. Thank you to the PTO for providing dinner for the staff who stayed for conferences
Thank you Mrs. Kilcoyne for organizing the book fair. It was a great event-thanks also to all the volunteers who assisted as well. I appreciate your time
Please be sure your child finishes any donuts/breakfast foods, coffees or Starbucks drinks prior to arriving at school. We have so many allergies in classrooms-we need to keep everyone safe-thank you
Best of luck to Mrs. Toohey who is retiring on Tuesday October 31st after 35 years of service to students in the Shelton School System. We wish her nothing but the best
Please use the link below to sign up for our next Parent Information night where we will discuss the new report cards-
I hope to see you then-Mrs. Weber
Have a great weekend--see you all on Monday-Mrs. Weber
Please be sure your child is in school appropriate footwear-crocs are super cute but not practical for the playground.
- Spirit days are fun ways to unite as a school. They are optional and if you do not want your child to participate, that is completely fine. The schedule for the year is attached below
- Just a reminder that any medications must be brought to ESS by an adult. Students are not allowed to have medications in their backpacks at any time
- If your child is arriving in the morning after the doors are closed, please do not just drop your child and drive away. Please walk your child to the front door and ring the bell and we will escort them to their classroom
As stated in the rules/expectations that were sent out and are also linked below please remember that
- Student cell phones and smart watches must remain in backpacks in the off position during the school day. Students are not allowed to use these devices while at school. If your child contacts you during the day, please call the office instead of responding.
- Be sure to label all student items including jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles and lunch boxes. We have an overflowing lost and found collection each year. Anything left at the end of the year will be donated
- We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive .
- Black/orange day-NO costumes
- No School-Election Day
- Fall Fundraiser Pick up-4:00-6:00
- 6:00-Parent Meeting about Report Cards
- 6:30-PTO Meeting
- Red/White/blue Day
- Energy Assembly
- Early dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Shelton Day
November 23-November 26
- No School
- BOE Meeting
Support the Elizabeth Shelton School Library Media Center!
Starting on September 25th and running through November 22nd, we are holding our first online Titlewish fundraiser of the year. Please know that 100% of the money we raise will go directly to purchasing new materials for our school library.
We’re asking you to participate and help us raise $1,000. To help us meet our goal, please visit https://www.titlewish.com/1095299. The site goes live on Monday, September 25th.
Thank you for helping us provide Elizabeth Shelton School students with the best education possible! It is a great way to honor your child for their birthday or any special occasion, or just because you want to help! Your child will have their name placed in a new book in honor of your donation.
Library Media Specialist
If you have any questions email me at: email@example.com.
Sign up to Volunteer in the Media Center
ESS Library Media Center Volunteer Form
Dear Parents and Guardians, My name is Mrs. Bush, and I am the Library Media Specialist at Elizabeth Shelton School. I am looking for volunteers to help out in the Library Media Center. Your help will ensure that our LMC is the best it can be for your child and all of our students.
- Please be sure you have read and have familiarized yourself with all the rules/expectations at ESS-especially about morning arrival and afternoon dismissal https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/mh5j6
- Link to our school website which contains lots of information-http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/home_page
Girl Scout Cookie Sales
The Shelton Girl Scouts are back for Election Day week Cookie Sales! You can find Troops selling our
Delicious Girl Scout Cookies at the following locations prior to and following Election Day. Dates and
times are subject to change. Thanks for your support!
Saturday, November 4, 2023:
TJ Maxx on Bridgeport Avenue, outside by the door from 9:30 am-1:30 pm
Tuesday November 7, 2023 (Election Day):
Long Hill School from 6am – 9:30 am
Elizabeth Shelton School from 9:30 am- 1 pm and from 4:30 pm- 8 pm
Mohegan School- from 4:30 pm-8 pm
Shelton Intermediate School from 4:30 pm – 8 pm
Saturday November 11, 2023
TJ Maxx on Bridgeport Avenue, outside by the door 9:30 am – 1:30 pm and 2 pm – 6 pm
Sunday November 12 2023
TJ Maxx on Bridgeport Avenue, outside by the door 10 am – 6 pm