PPCSD Bombers Bulletin
May 25, 2023
Family Literacy Night Is Tonight, May 25th!
Cold Spring ELC is hosting their annual Family Literacy Night on Thursday, May 25th from 6 - 7:30 pm.
This event is open to families and students in grades Pre-K through 6. This year's theme is "Wild About Reading!" Going along with their new mascot "The Cold Spring Cubs", all books and activities will be jungle themed!
It promises to be a fun-filled, family event!
PPCSD Varsity Softball and Baseball Advance to Section IX, Class C Finals!
Congratulations to Coach Funk and the varsity softball team for their 7-0 victory yesterday over Sullivan West in the Section IX, Class C semi-finals! They advance to the Section IX, Class C finals on Friday, May 26th at 4 pm, Middletown High School.
Congratulations to Coach Huber and the varsity baseball team for their 10-0 victory yesterday over Millbrook in the Section IX, Class C semi-finals! They advance to the Section IX, Class C finals on Saturday, May 27th at 2 pm, Lorenz Field in Saugerties.
Dutchess BOCES Distinguished Graduate Recognition Breakfast
This year's honorees, valedictorian, Amanda Dillinger and salutatorian, GinaMarie Kirk, were invited to attend the breakfast at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park with their parents. Also in attendance to celebrate our students were Superintendent, Dr. Brian Timm, Stissing Mountain Jr/Sr HS Principal, Mr. Chris Boyd and BOE Vice-President, Mrs. Amie Fredericks.
Congratulations to Amanda and GinaMarie!
Community Connection Committee Meeting June 6th!
This committee will include stakeholders from within the district, as well as the community, with the primary goals of improving communication and community engagement.
The first meeting of the Community Connection Committee will take place on Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30 pm in the Stissing Mountain Jr/Sr HS Library.
If you are interested in joining the Community Connection Committee, and you have not already done so, please email Trish Audenino at email@example.com.
We hope to see you on June 6th!
Important End-of-Year Dates to Remember:
- Mon., 5/29 - Memorial Day Holiday (No School)
- Fri., 6/2 - Seymour Smith ILC EXPO Day
- Tues., 6/6 - Community Connections Committee meeting (6:30 pm, SM Library)
- Wed., 6/7 - Board of Education meeting (6:30 pm, SM Library)
- Wed.- Fri., 6/7 - 6/9 - 5th Grade trip to Ashokan
- Thurs., 6/8 - Grades 6 - 12 Spring Concert (6 pm, SM Auditorium)
- Fri., 6/9 - Cold Spring ELC EXPO Day
- Tues., 6/13 - CSELC Field Day
- Wed., 6/14 - SSILC Field Day
- Wed. - Fri., 6/14 - 6/23 - REGENTS Exams (Grades 9 - 12)
- Wed. - Thurs., 6/14 - 6/22 - Half Day of School (Grades 6 - 8)
- Fri., 6/16 - 1 Hour Early Dismissal (Elem.)
- Mon. 6/19 - Juneteenth Holiday (No School)
- Tues. - Wed., 6/20 - 6/21 - 1 Hour Early Dismissal (Elem.)
- Wed., 6/21 - 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony (5:30 pm, SM Auditorium)
- Wed., 6/21 - Board of Education meeting (6:30 pm, SM Library)
- Thurs., 6/22 - SSILC 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony (10 am)
- Thurs., 6/22 - Half Day of School (Elem.)
- Fri., 6/23 - Half Day of School, (Elem.)
- Sat., 6/24 - Class of 2023 Graduation (10 am, SM Auditorium)
Questions or Comments...
For questions or comments, please contact the office of the Superintendent, Dr. Brian Timm:
2829 Church Street
Pine Plains, NY 12567
(518) 398-7181, ext. 1401