Main Street Middle School Bulletin
Trojan Tradition: A Community of Pride and Excellence
Winter Break Monday, December 16 Through Friday, January 3
December 13, 2019
LCAP Goal 1 - Graduation Rate: College and Career Readiness
Increase graduation rate for all students who are college and career-ready (pathways).
Vocabulary Word of The Day
Tuesday - January 7 -prodigious
Wednesday - January 8 - accrue
Thursday - January 9 - parsimonious
Friday - January 10 - partisan
Music Career Pathways
Music Program Filled The House for Winter Concert
LCAP Goal 2 - Proficiency for All
SUSD will provide a high quality and comprehensive instructional program.
Valeria Segar, Jolynn Garcia, and Magali Morales Using Mass To Determine Number of M&M's
Luciano Garcia and Josh Grover Ready For Band Concert
Seriah Ayala "Ready, set, go!"
Bringing Cookies for The Student Movie Assembly
Manuel Santistevan & Greg Diaz Design and Construction of An Egg Container
Joshua Bugarin, Anthony Duenez, and Santiago Montoya Egg Drop
LCAP Goal 3 - Safety
All District departments and school sites will provide a safe and secure environment for all staff and students.
Staff Meeting Focuses On Building Student Relationships
Esmeralda Contreras, MSW Clinical Social Worker from Monterey County Behavior Health
Staff Reflect on De-Escalation Strategies for Students
LCAP Goal 4 Community and Family Engagement
SUSD will ensure students, staff, parents, and the community are both satisfied and engaged.
LCAP Goal 5 High Quality Staff
SUSD will attract, recruit, support and retain a highly effective and diverse workforce.
Honoring Ulda Valverde, Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage Family Therapist
Congratulations to Ulda Valverde on her retirement from Monterey County Behavior Health Services and Main Street Middle School after 5 years of dedication to the Soledad Community. Ulda will be missed dearly by families, students and staff.
Annual Staff Holiday Breakfast
Sonya Navarro, Dan Hill, Elizabeth Jeter & Richie Ruiz "Let's get started!"
Felicia Villarruel shares "My gosh I don't eat this much in the morning!"
"My last breakfast with Main Street Middle School staff and thank you all!"
Week of January 6, 2020 @ Main Street Middle School - Home of the Trojans
Monday - January 6
- 8:00 a.m. Professional Development - All Staff Report to High School
- 12:35 - 3:25 Math & ELA meet in C205, Science meet in B105, Social Studies meet in C107, PE meet @ High School; Special Education & Electives meet in Learning Center
- Welcome to new secretary, Nori Mota!
- Welcome to Interim Assistant Principal, Carrie Sebora!
Tuesday, January 7
- 3rd Quarter Begins
- 3:00- 5:00 District Leadership Team Meeting - C. Sebora & Dr. Peterson
Wednesday, January 8
- 2:25 Professional Learning Communities - All Departments
Thursday, January 9
- 3:25 - 4:25 PBIS Monthly Staff Meeting - All Staff
- 3:30 - 5:00 New Teachers Emergency Credentials Meeting D. Hill, F. Villaruel, G. Regalado, R. Ruiz
- 6:00 - School Site Council
Friday, January 10
- Report Cards Printed & Distributed
- 3:10 - 3:50 Academic Tutoring -Cafeteria C. Valladarez & E. Torres
- 5:30 - 7:30 Winter Dance M. Morales, Dr. Peterson & Staff sign-ups
Saturday Academy, January 11
- 8:00 - 12:00 - Cafeteria
Supervision Duties Week of January 7
- Cafeteria - Daniel Hill
- Courtyard C/Restroom - Javier Alcocer
- Backfield/BB Courts - Margarita Santos
- Library Hallway - Vickie Borcher
- Courtyard/Corner A - Jeff Nakamura
- Courtyard/Bldg C/RR - Elva Garcia
- Parent Drop Off Circle - Reyes Mendoza
- Outside Building B, Bus Loading Zone - Manuel Madrid Olgin