Montana Catholic Schools Weekly
December 7, 2015
Virtual Learning Community for Faith Formation
Since both dioceses already have an established contract with the University of Dayton, these courses are available to our teachers for $50 per course. These courses are taught in 5-week segments. Here is the link to the page on the Montana Catholic Schools website which provides the links and an explanation.
We (the Bishops and the principals) will be deciding this spring whether the Catechetical Certificate (6 courses) will be required or encouraged for all religion teachers.
Finally, recall that the Jubilee Year of Mercy begins on Tuesday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I have included another set of links below.
Dr. Tim Uhl, Superintendent
St. Labre Senior Retreat
Held November 13-14th
Worship, prayer, and retreats are a central part of the St. Labre High School experience.
Bear Top Butte
St. Labre seniors hiked to the top.
The Week Ahead
- I am looking for a few volunteers to "vet" a few faith formation programs. If you're interested, please let me know.
- I cannot recommend this webinar strongly enough for all elementary principals...the last NWEA webinar covered all relevant web reports
- If you're interested in learning more about the religion standards, I have set up a teleconference for next Friday at 3 pm. Here is the link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/246496149 You can also dial in using your phone.United States +1 (312) 757-3121 Access Code: 246-496-149
- If you need another (newer) copy of the red bi-fold "Emergency Response" manual, please call 800-637-8525. The cost is $35.30 plus shipping.
- Please join me in praying for Bishop Thomas's mother, Mary, who passed away last Friday morning.
- For those schools with an asbestos plan, please ensure that your 6-month inspection report is completed this month.
- Upcoming events: Jan 11th spring WCEA self-study drafts due; Jan 17th high school meeting; Jan 26th virtual principal meetings.