The Father of Modern Anatomy
- In 1543 he published his first book . It contained over 200 drawings of detailed human organs
- He proved many of the Greek scientist Galen's ideas wrong
- he had seven volumes of his anatomy book.
- he robbed grave yards to get bodies.
- he was accused of murdering a Spanish noble and dissecting him while alive.
- he used to look at dead dogs and cats to gain information.
"Andreas Vesalius." Famous Scientists. Famous Scientists, 2013. Web. 4 Mar. 2014. <http://www.famousscientists.org/andreas-vesalius/>.
"Andreas Vesalius." Science Shorts. Little Bang Productions, 1 Jan. 2002. Web. 11 Mar. 2014. <http://www.scienceshorts.com/vesaliu.htm>.
"Andreas Vesalius (1514-1564)." BBC History. BBC, 1 Jan. 2014. Web. 4 Mar. 2014. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/vesalius_andreas.shtml>.