Adv. Bandemic UIL Edition
March 22-26, 2021
It is UIL Week!!! Our UIL recording will occur on Friday, March 26th from 4:00pm-5:30pm in the cafe and it is Mandatory that everyone who has been participating, be there! This includes all face-to-face students and the virtual academy students who have been to the 2 previous after school rehearsals!
Please reach out if you have any additional questions.
Mr. Wood, Mrs. Humphreys
- This is our LAST WEEK of sectionals!! Please see the below link for any changes.
- Thank you to parents who have made sure your student attended their weekly section rehearsal! We could not do this without you!
Band Polo & Band T-Shirt Order Info
All 7th grade students need to order a Black Band Polo and *might* need to purchase a new blue band shirt if you have lost it or outgrown it.
*If your student has an older sibling who are no longer in band you may re-use that same band polo.
All 8th grade students need to check if they have their Black Band Polo and Blue Band Shirt from previous years. If you have it, then please make sure it fits!! You will need to re-order one or both depending on this info.
Cost of Shirts
Black Band Polos - $20
Blue Band Shirt - $10
- All payments can be made by Cash, Venmo (@StaleyBand-BPA) or check (SMSBPA).
- Please include your student's name and what the amount is for (ex John Smith, 1 polo, 1 band shirt)
Itinerary for UIL on Friday, March 26th, 2021
- Virtual Academy students that ARE participating should come to the school with their instrument, music, and wearing their black band polo and pants (not shorts).
4:00pm - 5:30pm: Rehearsal/recording begins! We will record our official concert program as well as read the official sight reading piece!
5:30pm: Students pack up and go home! Congrats on a job well done!!8:50pm: arrive at Urban Air (do not show up any earlier than this)
9:00-11:00pm Party! Congratulations on a successful contest season.
11:10pm: All students should be picked up!!!
Urban Air - UIL Reward Event
We want to reward everyone who participated the last few months in our UIL preparation!! Urban Air is a trampoline park located a mile and a half North of Staley. This is an optional event and open to every student who participates in UIL. The SMSBPA rented the entire park and this event is no cost to our students!.
To attend, students will need to return your completed Urban Air Consent form (all pages) by Friday’s class time. (Please scroll down to download the Urban Air Consent Form- we sent a hard copy home with the students on 1/22, so be sure to ask about it if you do not have a printer)
We would encourage you to turn it in earlier if possible. If you have been to Urban Air recently they should have your information on file, but they asked that we still bring a hard copy to help make the check in process much quicker.
There is no money to turn in for this event.
8:50 arrive at Urban Air (do not show up any earlier than this)
9-11p Party! Congratulations on a successful contest season.
11:10- All students should be picked up!!!
Transportation: Note that transportation is NOT provided. All students should be dropped off AND picked up at Urban Air. Parents should arrive by 11 to pick up their student. Students picked up after 11:30 may be in danger of not being invited to our next reward trip.
Dress: Students should wear school appropriate clothing that is suitable for jumping on a trampoline. Urban Air will provide socks with grips on the bottom for students to use while jumping.
Masks/Social Distancing: We will follow any protocols Urban Air has in place.
Snacks/Food: We are not providing any food or drinks for this event, but they will have a small concession stand if anyone wants to bring money to make additional purchases.
Devices: Students are allowed to bring their own devices, but they are responsible for anything they bring!
Emergency Contact: If you need to contact the park during this event their number is (469) 458-6721.
Solo Contest in April!
- All students are required to participate.
- This is a virtual contest.
- We will record the solos the week of the April 5th and 12th.
- The evening of April 15th students will log in to their judge's zoom account to view the solo together and receive comments. The contest will run from 5:00-7:00 but students will only have a 5 minute time slot for the contest.
Students are encouraged to visit www.staleyband.org/solo for play along tracks. If you have any questions or conflicts we will discuss this after spring break.
Director Contact Info
Mr. Chad Wood- Director of Bands: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beginning Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, & Tuba
- Symphonic Band (Band A on 8th grade schedules)
- Brass Band (Band C on 7th grade schedules)
- Any general questions about band, the BPA, or financial aid
Mrs. Samantha Humphreys- Assistant Director: email@example.com
- Beginning Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, & Saxophone
- Woodwind Band (Band B on 7th/8th grade schedules)
- Any questions about private lessons, weekly newsletter items, and canvas