Bolivar HS May Newsletter
"Learning for Life"
Finals Week is May 18-22
1. All students will be required to take a final for every course unless the student has met the requirements to opt out of one final. The final may be comprehensive but may also be a unit or chapter test.
2. Each student must take the final during the assigned time on the finals schedule unless permission has been granted from the principal. Any student requesting to take finals early must complete a preapproved absence form and submit it to the attendance office for approval. If approved, the student will present the teacher with the signed absence form to request an early final.
3. In order to opt out of one final, the student must meet the following criteria:
· Students who have at least 95% attendance will be eligible to opt-out of one semester final.
· The student will have the ability to choose which final they will opt not to take. However, the student must have a grade of at least 80% in order to opt-out of that final.
· Dual-credit courses will not be eligible for the opt-out.
· Students must follow all procedures to use this incentive. Specifically, students must meet deadlines in presenting their teacher with the opt-out form declaring their intent to not take the final in one class.
Please do NOT check students out of school during FINALS WEEK unless completely unavoidable. All students need to be present and finish the school year right to the end. Thank you for your cooperation.
Seniors Liberator Challenge Privileges
Our BHS Seniors have won the annual Liberator Challenge and as a result they are receiving the privilege of having two days of “open lunch” on Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12. They will miss part of 3rd/4th blocks and Liberator Time. ALL SENIORS will need to be back in time for the start of 5th/6th blocks at 11:39AM. ONLY SENIORS who return a signed form will be allowed to leave.
May Calendar of Activities
Senior Brick Painting Meeting, 10:50AM
Spring Band Concert, 8PM
The Liberator Literary Magazine Kickoff, 3:00-5:00PM
Incoming 9th Grade Transition Day, 9:30-11:15AM
Speech/Theater Banquet, 5:30PM
Choir Pops Concert, 7PM
EOC Math/Social Studies
Senior Scholarship Recognition, 9:30AM
Faculty Choice Awards, 8:15AM
Graduation Practice, 9:00AM
Last Day of School, Early Release 12:45PM
Athletic Celebration, Refreshments 5:30PM Program 6:30PM
Click HERE for athletics schedules
Teacher Appreciation Week
We are currently celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week at Bolivar High School. We will have a number activities to recognize and thank each valuable member of our team. Everyone who works at BHS is an important part of providing the best learning environment possible for our students. Parents and students are welcome to honor the individuals who make a difference for you. It's a great time to say thanks!