Gallatin High Update
Week of April 10-April 14, 2023
It's ACT/PreACT week!
AP Art students working on pieces for their portfolios.
Students watch as Mr. Curey demonstrates how to make paper sculptures in Art Foundations.
Students capturing ideas in their sketchbooks.
Prom and Afterprom are coming up this weekend!
MSU Nursing Program Direct Admits
If you are coordinating any after hours events, please communicate this with your group. Thanks for your help!
HOSA: Future Health Professionals State Conference
Gallatin High School students had a fine showing again this year at the Montana State HOSA conference in Billings. HOSA: Future Health Professionals is a Career Student Technical Organization (CTSO) that compliments the Biomedical Science program. Students had opportunities to attend amazing symposiums where they experienced simulated medicine technologies, a cadaver lab, occupational therapy, sports medicine, emergency medicine, and more! Students also had the opportunity to visit the campuses of MSUB City College, Rocky Mountain College, and the new osteopathic medical school Rocky Vista University. Here are the top finishes from GHS, impressive wins with over 400 students participating in the conference.
- Arya Cavender Pathophysiology
- Sophie Switzer Clinical Laboratory Science
- Alley Coey Physical Therapy
- Drae Brenden Veterinary Science
- Emme Frisk Pathophysiology
- Caspian Bradley CPR/First Aid
- Audrey Kimmel CPR/First Aid
- Caspian Bradley Human Heredity
- Laszlo Baumgardner Public Health
- Evan Lubick Public Health
- Delaney Kane Extemporaneous Writing
- Shelby Tyler Prepared Speaking
- McKenna Matson Community Awareness
- Bella Determan Community Awareness
- Drae Brenden Health Career Display
- Audrey Kimmel Health Career Display
Here is a story from the local Billings news.
Thank you to the Billings Clinic for their financial support in sending our team to the state conference! Congrats, Raptors!
The Week Ahead
Monday, April 10
- School Board meeting, 5:45pm
Tuesday, April 11
Tennis vs. Livingston
Band concert, 7:30pm
Wednesday, Apirl 12
ACT and PreACT testing - only sophomores and juniors attend testing
No school for Freshmen and Seniors
Thursday, April 13
District Music Festival
Softball at Skyview
Guiding Coalition work
Friday, April 14
PIR day - No School for students
District Music Festival
Track vs. Great Falls High
Saturday, April 15
District Music Festival
- Tennis vs. Helena High and Capital
- Softball vs. Billings Senior
- Prom, 8:00-11:30pm, MSU Sub Ballroom
- Afterprom 11:30pm-2:30am, Gallatin High
Other Upcoming Dates
- Graduation – Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m.
A Great Showing at the Technology Student Association State Conference
- May Fraser -1st Forensic Science
- Reece Stone - 2nd Music Production
- Madison Ash - 1st Sticker Design
- William Fennelly - 2nd Gravity Cruiser
- Will Fennelly and Zack Bowcott - 1st Technology Problem Solving
- Madison Ash and Camille Catron - 3rd Gravity Cruiser
- Christian Miller, Kyler Critelli, and Cody Wilkins - 3rd Techno Bowl
- Hayden Traver and Reece Stone - Judges Award for VEX Robotics
We need you! Project Connect is looking for more volunteers
It only takes a half hour to an hour at a time and you can pick times that are conducive to your schedule. If you are interested, you can find more information on the website, you can sign up here or you can contact GHS Project Connect at email@example.com
Mr. Kusak and Ms. Geissler's AP combo students facilitating a student-led activity addressing "isms" of the 40's and 50's.
Choir students at a recent community performance
Support Special Olympics Montana
Upcoming School Election Information
All registered voters will receive the information below in the mail, along with your mail-in ballot in mid-April. Additionally the information is also available on our website:
#1 Our biggest ask in the upcoming election is to simply VOTE and cast your ballot. Turnout for BSD7 school elections are typically very low, 30-40%.
#2 Our second ask is to dive into the issues on the ballot and ensure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
April 14, 2023 – Ballots mailed by County Election Office.
May 2, 2023 – Election Day – Ballots due by 8:00 pm.
Ballots may be returned to:
Location Office Hours Election Day Hours
County Election Office 8:00am–5:00pm 8:00am–8:00pm
311 West Main, Room 210 Monday – Friday
Ballots may be returned in person or by mail (63 cents or Forever stamp). Please allow enough time for delivery by the May 2, 2023 deadline.
Please reach out if you have any questions!
Track had a great meet against Billings West!
Host Families Needed
If you would like more information about hosting, additional details can be found at this link.
Please reach out to our GHS Rotary liaison, John Patterson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-581-9767 if you are interested.